Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you buy? packs or blasters?
Wink 
What do you buy? packs or blasters?
What do you buy most of? Packs or Blaster Box? Everyone has there own opinion and just wanna see whats yours..

RE: What do you buy? packs or blasters?
If I have to buy retail, I go blasters; don 't trust pack searches and feel safer buying the blasters. That being said, I ALWAYS check the blaster to make sure that it has ORIGINAL wrapping and isn't something that was purchased and returned.

I learned real fast that it was just best to take all the money I was putting into blasters and packs and save up to buy hobby boxes and or singles on ebay.

I agree with BBBD - I don't bother with retail and just go for online purchases of sealed boxes. It's a shame because as a kid I loved buying packs since I could never afford boxes. If you have a trusted local card shop or maybe a smaller retailer that puts their packs behind glass or some other protection it would be worth a go.

(05-29-2012, 02:10 AM)BigBadBootyDaddy Wrote: I learned real fast that it was just best to take all the money I was putting into blasters and packs and save up to buy hobby boxes and or singles on ebay.
+1, I generally hate retail. Having said that, I also buy a lot of retail because I have an addiction and sometimes the hobby boxes just aren't enough. lol

I almost always buy blasters, but I have been buying the rack packs lately from Bowman baseball. Even though I don't really collect baseball any more, I needed some trade bait or my Josh Hamilton PC was going to lay dormant. My last purchase was 7 of the rack packs yesterday, and I managed to get 3 autos out of them, one of them a /250 orange version. Not too shabby. (Even if all 3 autos were commons at this point, that's just par for the course for Bowman.)

Even knowing there are awesome cards available in blasters, I still avoid them. I will NEVER EVER buy single packs again, no matter where I find them. Just too much hanky-panky with packs.

I buy singles on eBay and hobby boxes from my LCS and from Blowout.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed