`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
possible SHILL bidder.... keep your eyes out

RE: possible SHILL bidder.... keep your eyes out
GotWatchaWant... ya, same here. I was thinking of cancelling my bid.. but wanted the card & know it will not show up again anytime soon.. I got a good price, but could of got it for almost half that price..

don't know why people shill, or have their friends, or internet buddies shill auctions, when they can just set the original listing price for the minimum they want..

when cards are listed for .99 cents.. I usually bid $1-2, just so I can watch it... then bid again near the end, if I still want the card.. I know some in experienced bidders or people just like to waist time & bid on a thousand or more items in a month, knowing they will not win the cards nor pay for them if they did win. I hate people like that.. they think ebay is a game...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Eh, while I'm not saying this is the case for this instance, I wouldn't take someone not having any bids in a period of time and then bidding multiple times on a card always as shilling. I have less than 100 feedback on eBay and there was a good 6 month period where I wasn't using eBay. Then I got back into it and the first couple of cards I wanted to grab ended up being over what I was willing to pay for it. I then slowly went up to an amount I wasn't fully comfortable with (like from $15 to $20 in $0.50 increments) because I was already past the amount I wanted to spend. So it looks like I bid it up, but that wasn't my intention. It was simply that I wanted that card, was already uncomfortable with the price, but didn't want to go too much higher than I had to. If I was willing to spend $15, then put in $20 because I was outbid, I'd rather slowly get to say $17.25 and then just say "If I'm outbid, I'm done" rather than possibly getting up bid to $20. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but if someone looked at that they might think I was shilling, but I wasn't. And many times, if I buy something on eBay, I will always check for combined shipping and if I win one item, especially if the shipping is $3+, I'll try and get a few more cards from them. Just saying.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Thinking I got shilled again... ebay # 160810483156 Gail Goodrich Chronology "LETTER/AUTO"... I still won the card for what I thought it would go for.. less than $25 dlvd. That is the price I been paying for Goodrich "letters", except for one.. Got 5 total so far... but one is a duplicate "letter" that I don't need.

one bidder, bid 66 times on 47 different items, all on the same seller... appears that the bidder tried to hid some of his bidding, but only bidding once on a few items...

Not able to figure who this seller out, since they just activated the account within 30 days & never bought/sold anything... no transactions.. E

g***g ( 0 )
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*