`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What an interesting night!

What an interesting night!
So I went to a single A game tonight to see the Clearwater Threshers (Phillies) vs. the Ft. Myers Miracle (Twins) of the Florida State League. Gotta love minor league action. Well, apparently it was some kind of ode to "Saved by the Bell" night, even had an appearance by Dennis Haskins, the guy who played Mr. Belding. "Saved by the Bell" was a favorite show growing up so it was neat to meet him and everything, even had him sign an OMiLB baseball! Could have only been better if Kelly came too, lol... Was also able to get a ton of player autos as well, most notably Brody Colvin and Jesse Biddle among others, the #2 and #3 top prospects in the Phillies organization! Made for an interesting and great night.

On top of that, I stopped by Wal-Mart on the way home to check out some of 2012 Topps Archives. Got a blaster, a few rack packs and a few loose packs. The blaster yielded a Johnny Cueto relic and I also picked up some of the key rookies such as 2 Matt Moore RC's Smile a Darvish RC, Cespedes RC and Jesus Montero! So was pretty happy just for those. I opened everything on the way home so I guess I didn't get a great look at all my cards, so I'm going through everything at home when I come across an awkward looking card. Most of the cards have fascimile signatures so I didn't think anything of it, maybe due to poor lighting, but I get home and notice one is in blue ink. Still didn't think anything of it till I noticed the gold foiling also appeared to be different when it finally dons on me that I also pulled a Fan Favorites Auto out of I'm guessing one of the rack packs or loose packs. Turned out I pulled an auto of Mickey Lolich! How sweet is that?!? One heck of a player in his day. Pretty sweet looking card, on the 1973 topps design. To believe I almost completely missed it. Definitly think I'm sold on Archives now.

RE: What an interesting night!
Hate to use a cliche', but you definitely had a night to remember! Congrats!!!
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

Mr. Belding must be making his rounds in Florida. He has an appearance on a gambling ship in Port Canaveral this weekend.
Are you from the Ft. Myers? If so, I'm a fellow Floridian. Orlando area
[Image: Boston.jpg]

Guess so, lol... Actually the Naples area, went up to catch a game last night and get the Phillies top prospects autos. Goin back up tonight, tonight is the team card set giveaway and they play the Cardinals affiliate. Should be a good night auto wise. Smile

MiLB is awesome. I see Midwest League teams coming through town now and again.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

So likes a great night!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

What a night! Love to see a scan of the Archives auto!

I'm down in Florida this weekend with my wife's family for the holiday and my sister in law ran into him down in the Tampa area this weekend while they were down there for a show
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)