`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No love? No wonder no gifts...

RE: No love? No wonder no gifts...
I agree... a quick thanks will suffice... plus, maybe someone else would "pay it forward" what goes around comes around...

i agree i think you should at least send a pm saying thanks i recieved the gift instead of taking it for granted like you expected the person to do this
looking for all redskins and devin thomas cards

Hey now, I am waitng to post a thank you thread to you just waiting for a couple more cards to show up before I do for a full mailday type thread! This thread is bad timing!! I am very thankful & appreciative for anything done out of the goodness of someone's heart & I always try to return the favor.

(05-24-2012, 08:09 AM)younglover Wrote: I agree....I just sent a couple out and nothing. I don't always know if they got them, but I saw in one of their buckets that they did Smile I have a ton of stuff to send, but honestly if I send with DC it is gonna take some time for me to be able to do that.
I always try to send thanks but the shout out thread doesn't always work due to internet/upload issues. Thanks again to all who have sent me stuff. Your generosity is greatly appreciated Smile
Collect: RC's of Kevin Smith, Ndamukong Suh, Megatron, Kevin Jones & team collect Detroit Lions

Bucket

~~~~~[Image: scan300012.jpg]~~~~~

I will agree with your assessment of at least a pm saying thanks for the freebies. As far as shout-out threads, everyone likes to see their name on a thread w/a shoutout, but not really necessary imo. Same w/maildays. Some people post them because they want to share, some just want that look at me moment. Manners and appreciation definitely go a long way.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(05-24-2012, 05:08 PM)rds1173 Wrote: Hey now, I am waitng to post a thank you thread to you just waiting for a couple more cards to show up before I do for a full mailday type thread! This thread is bad timing!! I am very thankful & appreciative for anything done out of the goodness of someone's heart & I always try to return the favor.
Glad you got it Smile You're right- timing kinda was bad Smile
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

I have actually stopped giving freebies. Here is the reason why:
My Last trade where I gave freebies happened like this. I made a trade with another trader. Deal was 4 gu of a certain player for something I needed. Well I was happy with the deal and I sent the 4 plus 2 more. I also had an extra error card. Where they forgot to put in the Gu piece. I figured they would like the oddball item and added that too. The other trader got his stuff and he started a thread about how the Freebie oddball was missing its gu piece. Even though that card was not part of the Original trade. Of course nothing was said about the 2 extra Gu or the fact that the 4 gu's from the trade were in there. Since then no freebies. One guy ruined it all because he wanted to make a pity post.
As for receiving. I got a card in one time and I gave them thanks but I could never figure out who sent it to me. But I do want to thank them again for the Pc card.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

Im not part of a clique or however you spell it and I like sending out Freebies...even though its really not high end but If I have something someone needs Ill send it and I have alot of older stuff and if I see someone list a certain player I will send it.I have gotten a couple surprise packages and I am always grateful and try to thank everyone...I think everyone should as well even if you didnt need it Its the right thing to do and its what I think makes the members on this site great
Photobucket

This thread surprised me a bit. I have a hard time understanding why someone wouldn't say thank you.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/