`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has happened and where are all the traders

RE: What has happened and where are all the traders
Im worried that people will stop busting boxes soon and the singles that I need to be pulled for my PC will never emerge..

(05-23-2012, 03:13 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Im worried that people will stop busting boxes soon and the singles that I need to be pulled for my PC will never emerge..
I think card companies are forcing us average joe collectors out. We can't afford to pay $150, $200, $300 whatever just to get 5-10 card that we turn around and sell for $40 combined.

I have never opened a Triple Threads, Exquiaite or anything high end like that. As a result, I don't have but maybe 2-3 PC cards from those brands. But I am taking on a new challenge of putting together every base Texas Rangers team set that has been produced. I am currently putting my needs in my ORG.

It's going to be a long process of getting them all. But it's cheap and it's more fun looking at those as they come in than buying a $300 box of prospects who will not ever see anything higher than AA.

(05-23-2012, 11:11 AM)rossmaute Wrote: I think maybe it's just gotten boring? I know I'll check in every day and won't see anything interesting after a quick glance and head somewhere else. Not saying we need 'drama' or anything like that, but it's just kinda boring overall.
I agree 100%

Sometimes I can not come here for a couple of days and the tops threads in the Box Buster and Trade Forums will be the same ones that were at the top the last time I was here.

(05-23-2012, 04:04 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I think card companies are forcing us average joe collectors out. We can't afford to pay $150, $200, $300 whatever just to get 5-10 card that we turn around and sell for $40 combined.

I have never opened a Triple Threads, Exquiaite or anything high end like that. As a result, I don't have but maybe 2-3 PC cards from those brands. But I am taking on a new challenge of putting together every base Texas Rangers team set that has been produced. I am currently putting my needs in my ORG.

It's going to be a long process of getting them all. But it's cheap and it's more fun looking at those as they come in than buying a $300 box of prospects who will not ever see anything higher than AA.
Thats good that you are focusing on the base sets and you know those will always be available. Good luck to you, and check me for any trades! I can afford higher end cards of my PC, but Im afraid that the patches/1/1s/autos won't show because people will stop buying products like Tribute. There is no way Im spending 100s of dollars just to hope I pull something of my favorite player. If there was any sort of turn around that brought me close to the purchase price of the box I would, but there just isn't these days.

The only pet peeve I have since I've been here when it comes to trading is the fact that people seem to keep me hanging forever on trade offers. I get the emails just like everyone else and respond to everyone, why is it so hard for others to respond? I check to see when they were on last before I send offer so I know their active and I've noticed most of them have been on since I sent offer and haven't heard a word. I realize people have lives but it doesn't take much effort to respond. Not a huge deal as I'm still making great trades and loving it here but that's one thing imo that could be hurting trading here.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]