`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to collect baseball.....

Starting to collect baseball.....
Hi everyone....I am a longtime football collector and member on the football forums.....I'm interested in starting to collect baseball, as I did when I was much younger....I'm not a flipper, but if I were to hit a ridiculously hot card then I might consider it so I could get who I really wanted in return....

Quick question:

In terms of investment per box, which baseball brands give the most bang for their buck?

From what I've seen, it appears as though Bowman is the hottest thing right now, but is that true all the time? In football, I had always been a Contenders, SP Authentic guy.....not sure that those products are good in baseball?

Just looking for some feedback....

Thanks in advance....

--Warren
I also like the look of the Gypsy Queen cards, and have always loved refractors....
Slowly starting to get back into it....

RE: Starting to collect baseball.....
Bowman Chrome will always be #1
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Bowman is ALWAYS hot. On the other hand, Bowman is pretty much the reason I don't collect baseball much any more, I absolutely hate it. They had 16 year old kids on some of the USA baseball cards. I'm serious. Bowman has some great cards as long as you are ok with never hearing about 90% of them. And the ones you will hear from, it won't be for 5 years.

That being said, Bowman Chrome always has good "bang for the buck" because it is always hot. Topps Chrome is another one that is always hot. I don't think it is quite as hot as the football set got, but it's a good one. I also really like the breaks I have seen of the Museum Collection depending on what price point you are looking at.

Bowman, Gypsy Queen and A&G. SP Authentic used to be until UD lost the rights to MLB cards. As for Bowman it will all depend how well you know prospects. I dont like to gamble on them so I just stick with GQ.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

considering Topps and Bowman are pretty much the only business in the game as far as MLB Approved product yeah they will always be the bigdogs so to speak.

If you're interested more in veterans over prospects stay away from Bowman products and look into Triple Threads, Tribute, Marquee, Museum Collection, etc.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

The biggest bang for your buck in 2012 in my opinion is Topps Sterling.
I am waiting to see what Triple Threads have this year as well.

Like everyone else said Bowman is a very good product and not many people do. I am one that really likes Bowman but I will say this " Bowman is mainly for the pateint collector" If you are looking to flip real quick this is not the product.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]