`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Marketplace Sellers Should Have Pictures
06-09-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: Marketplace Sellers Should Have Pictures
(06-09-2012 07:04 AM)commonguysports Wrote:  You have to email us directly. If you click on a dealers name it will link you to their store and then towards the top center of the page you will see our dealer info and our email should be right with that and then just ask away.

Jeremy
CommonGuy Sports

Thanks. I did see that option. I just thought there might be (should be) a quicker, more direct link when viewing cards. It is not a very convenient system when most of the cards have no pics nor do most of the sellers list the serial numbering of the cards.

MY BUCKET MY TRADEPAGE
[Image: Naslund1213ForeverRivalsStick.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 09:10 AM
(06-09-2012 08:19 AM)greg2424 Wrote:  Thanks. I did see that option. I just thought there might be (should be) a quicker, more direct link when viewing cards. It is not a very convenient system when most of the cards have no pics nor do most of the sellers list the serial numbering of the cards.

The reason we do not usually list the serial # is we could have multiple or will more likely than not get another one to list and once we list the numbering the description does not automatically disappear and when listing we can hardly tell if there is something already in our description so it ends up just being whatever was in it last and then we get complaints that we are selling something we do not have.
I know you may think it is easier than that and all you have to do is pay attention when we are listing but unfortunately it really is not set up to do so. Any other Beckett dealers that read this will understand what I am saying.

Jeremy
CommonGuy Sports
06-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I guess that is understandable. Unfortunately, I spend a lot of time looking for cards #'d 24/XXX. With a lack of pics and #'s I won't spend much time looking on here. COMC is so much easier.

(06-09-2012 09:10 AM)commonguysports Wrote:  The reason we do not usually list the serial # is we could have multiple or will more likely than not get another one to list and once we list the numbering the description does not automatically disappear and when listing we can hardly tell if there is something already in our description so it ends up just being whatever was in it last and then we get complaints that we are selling something we do not have.
I know you may think it is easier than that and all you have to do is pay attention when we are listing but unfortunately it really is not set up to do so. Any other Beckett dealers that read this will understand what I am saying.

Jeremy
CommonGuy Sports

MY BUCKET MY TRADEPAGE
[Image: Naslund1213ForeverRivalsStick.jpg]
06-09-2012, 05:04 PM
(06-09-2012 09:32 AM)greg2424 Wrote:  I guess that is understandable. Unfortunately, I spend a lot of time looking for cards #'d 24/XXX. With a lack of pics and #'s I won't spend much time looking on here. COMC is so much easier.

Actually, you have a legitimate gripe regarding viewing the serial numbers. I try to list as many serial #s as I can, unless I have multiples (like Common also said) or if the serial # is insignificant. I will still at least try to list the print run. Same goes with other info like if the card is creased, dinged up, ripped, error specs, etc. It should all be showing up in the initial search (which it did on the old site) rather than having to click on each individual item. That is something Beckett would have to SERIOUSLY consider as I'm sure there are other customers who would like to see this extra information.

As far as pictures go, I'm afraid it is what it is. Even as a smaller storefront dealer, there would be no way I could scan every card or even most of my cards. Just sorting, entering, inventorying, and pulling orders already takes up a bulk of the time for me. And while the COMC site will do all this for you, they also charge $0.20+ an item to do it, regardless if the card sells or not.

[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
(05-12-2012 05:07 PM)69mets86 Wrote:  That is why the feedback piece is so important. A dealer with nice item as described ratings should be trusted.

I agree
11-27-2012, 04:21 AM
(06-09-2012 07:04 AM)commonguysports Wrote:  You have to email us directly.

I found two high dollar "letter/patch/auto" cards from Chronology basketball that I want..

problem is, I do not know what letters they are.. I do not want to buy duplicate letters & not be able to trade or resell them, because they are not needed for my set/collection...

I emailed the dealer twice using their hotmail email address listed on their Marketplace profile... but I get no response after sending three emails in three weeks... The dealer/vender lost out on my money.

I will not buy a high dollar card without seeing a picture or knowing exactly what I am paying for.

Some Marketplace dealers sell hundreds if not thousands of cards a month... it is hard for them to keep up with all the emails.. they might think some of the emails are spam...

therefore, I would like to email them directly through Beckett...

Maybe dealers can get feedback on how well they respond to emails.. not just sells (if item is bought)... I'd like to leave feedback, even if I chose not to buy an item from them.. Dealer then has right to screen those emails & challenge any negative responses...

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*
12-22-2012, 03:54 PM
I run my own website and constantly update cards on my website, on ebay,on facebook. Anything over $5 should be scanned, sorry if you have too many cards. But needs to be done. Especially jersey,patch,auto should all be scanned.

2012-13 Artifacts Jersey/Patch Emerald /75 -- 140/140
2013-14 Artifacts Jersey/Patch Emerald /75 -- 1/160
My bucket : http://photobucket.com/home/HockeyCardsPlus
10-19-2014, 09:01 AM
(12-22-2012 03:54 PM)parallelguy Wrote:  I run my own website and constantly update cards on my website, on ebay,on facebook. Anything over $5 should be scanned, sorry if you have too many cards. But needs to be done. Especially jersey,patch,auto should all be scanned.

Amen to that.......if you want someone to buy a card you should be willing to put the needed time into selling a card. Anything you ask for me to buy over $1.00 or $2.00 for sure, you should scan it!! I know this marketplace is really not all that great. And has many problems, that said....dealers on here need to band together to get things fixed!! You guys pay $250+ each month to list your cards!! Beckett needs to hear from you guys or thing will never get changed. There is less than 100 dealers on here....now is the time to band together to get change!