`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the difference between 2011 Bowman and 2011 Bowman Chrome?

What is the difference between 2011 Bowman and 2011 Bowman Chrome?
Classes are wrapping up next week and I'm planning on selling my textbooks back and getting a box with the money I get from them.

Looking at my LCS's website, they have 2011 Bowman + 2011 Bowman Chrome. What is the difference?

I'm more than likely going to end up going with a box of 2012 Bowman on May 9th, but I'd still like to know the difference of the products.

RE: What is the difference between 2011 Bowman and 2011 Bowman Chrome?
I personally like Chrome better. Theyre shiny lol.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(05-03-2012, 03:02 PM)Haze28 Wrote: I personally like Chrome better. Theyre shiny lol.
What he said.

Guys like chrome baseball cards like girls like diamonds. No matter the price you gotta have 'em
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(05-03-2012, 02:50 PM)TobaccoKing Wrote: Classes are wrapping up next week and I'm planning on selling my textbooks back and getting a box with the money I get from them.

Looking at my LCS's website, they have 2011 Bowman + 2011 Bowman Chrome. What is the difference?

I'm more than likely going to end up going with a box of 2012 Bowman on May 9th, but I'd still like to know the difference of the products.
The regular Bowman contains other cards like base, blue & gold border parallels, Topps 100, Bowman Brighest plus chrome & others. I believe the chrome is strictly chrome, not 100% certain as i didn't buy any. In 2010 & 2011 i bought a lot of reg Bowman Jumbo HTA boxes with quite an assortment. While i didn't get a Strasburg au i did pull a Heyward auto chrome refractor, 2 Julio Teheran au's from same box & 2 Harper chrome cards, one a reg chrome & a chrome refractor from different boxes. After getting the Heyward au i started collecting a lot of his cards. There are many of the cards still un sorted/organized that i'm finally getting around to.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

The Chrome has color parallels too but they are different. Regular bowman has gold, blue, green, orange and then the 1/1 red cards. Chrome has blue, gold, orange, red, canary 1/1, and the superfractor 1/1. The chrome parallels are number much lower and are harder to find, plus they are shinier!

2012 Bowman that's being released has Chrome cards in it. It usually has 2 chrome per pack and 8 paper cards. Most of the autos are chrome unless you're buying retail, then there are paper auto's that are more frequently hit than chrome auto. I'd say the hits between regular bowman and bowman chrome are roughly the same but the auto lists are different. If all you care about is chrome then wait for Bowman Chrome. if you make sets better buy both. Here are the checklists of each 2011 bowman, 2011 bowman chrome and 2012 bowman. You can take a look and decide for yourself.

2011 Bowman:
http://www.sportscardradio.com/index.php...-checklist
2011 Bowman Chrome:
2012 Bowman:

Just a sample of the different looks...

2011 Bowman Regular

[Image: frontlarge3148808.jpg]

2011 Bowman Chrome

[Image: frontlarge3169189.jpg]

I'm not a paper fan of black borders they chip way to easy the chrome are much more durable IMO.

(05-03-2012, 03:32 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: The Chrome has color parallels too but they are different. Regular bowman has gold, blue, green, orange and then the 1/1 red cards. Chrome has blue, gold, orange, red, canary 1/1, and the superfractor 1/1. The chrome parallels are number much lower and are harder to find, plus they are shinier!
So regular bowman doesn't have superfractor's?

(05-03-2012, 04:58 PM)TobaccoKing Wrote: So regular bowman doesn't have superfractor's?
By "regular bowman" I'm assuming you mean the 2012 Bowman product that's going to be released mid May not the base paper set.
2012 bowman does have superfractors for the bowman chrome prospect cards only (110 different cards). Only for the chrome cards obviously. There are red cards # 1/1 for the paper set. You only get 2 Chrome cards per pack unless they're jumbo packs.

Here's the parallel break down for Bowman 2012:
Base Bowman Parallels:
Printing Plates: 1/1 *Jumbo Only
Red: 1/1 *Hobby and Jumbo Only
Orange: #/250
Green: #/450 - Retail
Blue: #/500

Base Bowman Chrome Parallels:
Refractor: #/500
Blue Refractor: #/250
Gold Refractor: #/50
Orange Refractor: #/25