`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What should I do- Redemption

RE: What should I do- Redemption
(05-03-2012, 08:29 AM)the hall Wrote: I'm not to crazy about the redemptions myself. I had one with Upper Deck and never got the actual redemption, so when they sent a replacement I got a nice card, problem is, I can't find it anywhere on the OPG. 2009 Kenshin Kawakami Ultimate /45. Nice card, but I would have prefered something I can find.

Besides that, no problems with others, I just hate waiting.
I know the argument in favor of redemptions, but it seems like they do them to appear like they're offering more. After a while, alot of redemptions will expire and the company won't have to give an auto. I think whatever autos are available at the time of production should be what's included.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(05-02-2012, 12:27 PM)neckababy1 Wrote: OK, so I have never had a redemption before. I know, considering how many are out there nowadays, hard to believe. Anyway, I got one for Bowman PLatinum Kyle Wieland Auto Refractor. Now, I do collect Platinum and trying to finish set but was supposed to be delivered by April 23rd and got email saying they are behind on it and will send another one if I want. Not sure it would be Bowman Platinum though and not quite sure how good Wieland is supposed to be. Any suggestions???
I pulled the same redemption from platinum. I did ask for the replacement and i received a josh reddick peak performance auto.
[Image: photo-13.jpg]
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

(05-03-2012, 10:50 AM)jhyde77 Wrote: I know the argument in favor of redemptions, but it seems like they do them to appear like they're offering more. After a while, alot of redemptions will expire and the company won't have to give an auto. I think whatever autos are available at the time of production should be what's included.
Actually that reminds me of another thing that is ridiculous with redemptions. If you buy an older box and get an expired redemption your SOL. How does that work? If that was supposed to be a hit in a box, you should get the card as advertised. I missed on a few AFLAC redemptions because of this.
[Image: IHCE8.png][Image: lgj21.png]

Collecting the players in my sig. If you have any please hit me up!

Questions about any card please PM me!

(05-03-2012, 05:36 PM)the hall Wrote: Actually that reminds me of another thing that is ridiculous with redemptions. If you buy an older box and get an expired redemption your SOL. How does that work? If that was supposed to be a hit in a box, you should get the card as advertised. I missed on a few AFLAC redemptions because of this.
Redemptions should be good for a specific card until a date. After that date, you should at least be able to send it in for something.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(05-03-2012, 05:36 PM)the hall Wrote: Actually that reminds me of another thing that is ridiculous with redemptions. If you buy an older box and get an expired redemption your SOL. How does that work? If that was supposed to be a hit in a box, you should get the card as advertised. I missed on a few AFLAC redemptions because of this.
That is why I do not buy older boxes unless the price is really low, because the "hit" is expired!!
What a racket..if this was done in the auto industry or home industry, it would be illegal!!