`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~~~~~Fake 2012 Leaf Printing Plates~~~~~

RE: ~~~~~Fake 2012 Leaf Printing Plates~~~~~
(04-29-2012, 02:45 PM)patsfan129 Wrote: well did he reply yet lol im interested to hear this Smile
He gave me the names of a few higher ups at Leaf to ask and a made a phone call but haven't received one back. I will try again in the morning.
Has anyone ever heard of a person being able to buy whole sets of plates?
I also came across a thread on another site where someone said it was possible to peel the top layer off of certain cards and expose it to a piece of metal and produce an image onto it... Anyone know if that's true?
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(04-29-2012, 09:06 PM)the great 48 Wrote: He gave me the names of a few higher ups at Leaf to ask and a made a phone call but haven't received one back. I will try again in the morning.
Has anyone ever heard of a person being able to buy whole sets of plates?
I also came across a thread on another site where someone said it was possible to peel the top layer off of certain cards and expose it to a piece of metal and produce an image onto it... Anyone know if that's true?
Perhaps they are real then, since he gave you a number to call at Leaf... but I certainly have never heard of anyone buying plates except at a bankruptcy auction/sale.

Additionally, I'm reasonably certain that last thing is complete bullsh!t.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Why is everyone acting so suspiciously?!? Chill the crap out!!! It is obvious he must have gotten lucky and bought a hot box where every card in every pack was a plate. Totally possible. I once bought a retail box of Topps Chrome Football where there were actually 84 packs inside the blaster box and every card within every pack was a superfractor 1/1 Joe Montana RC auto. Sold each one for over $10,000. [/sarcasm]
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322

(04-29-2012, 09:28 PM)sensei322 Wrote: Why is everyone acting so suspiciously?!? Chill the crap out!!! It is obvious he must have gotten lucky and bought a hot box where every card in every pack was a plate. Totally possible. I once bought a retail box of Topps Chrome Football where there were actually 84 packs inside the blaster box and every card within every pack was a superfractor 1/1 Joe Montana RC auto. Sold each one for over $10,000. [/sarcasm]
LMAO!

I called back but still could not talk to a human, big surprise...
Anyone have a # for Leaf that works?
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(04-30-2012, 08:28 AM)the great 48 Wrote: LMAO!

I called back but still could not talk to a human, big surprise...
Anyone have a # for Leaf that works?
There's your problem right there. Expecting someone to be working for Leaf.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Seeings that i run a commercial printing company I may can help make a little sense of this, Maybe, Collectors usually only see 1 printing plate for each color needed to produce these cards. In all actuality there are sometime 1 sheet with 10-20 plates per card. They only cut 1 of each color and insert them as we see them and then burn/melt/etc.. the remaining ones. It is possible that leaf decided to do some deal like this but is very rare. Someone with all the plates only needs someone like me to start producing cards with those plate. Which is illegal so that is why I don't duplicateSmile. When purchasing a LOT of Nascar stuff from the owner of Finish line racing cards here is Ponte Vedra beach last year he had printing plates for all his cards ever made. Each color sheet (C,M,Y,K) had up to 15-20 small plates on each. I was outbid on those but got everything else he had in his storage bin including some of the uncut sheets. If you check my nascar bucket you will see it took several plates to make the sheets. I am real curious to know if they would give someone all the plates like that.

Any more info on this? I just found this thread. I'm mostly on the baseball boards but I purchased a few of these cards from presumably the same person.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

i bet these are legit...he has high feedback with 100%

This thread explains what they are. Sorry for the link to another site but it does answer the question about these being real or fake.

http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthrea...f+printing

So he special orders the cards printed on metal and sells them as 1/1 printing plates....WOW !
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"