`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ebay frustrations

RE: Ebay frustrations
If I'm in a bid war, and I know where people increase their bid I just bid till i see their max bid.

Like the other day ago I was bidding on a '12 Heritage red ink Mccutchen auto /63. I put my max in at 45, someone did 50, I bid up to that to expose their max which was 51.12, I bid 52, increased my max to 75 with 25 mins to go. I clock in at work, sorted mail, forgot about the auction, checked my phone, I won with the bid of 61 and someone sniped 60.

Sometimes you get lucky, other times you have to fight and overpay your limit.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(04-26-2012, 02:34 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Haahahahahahahhaahha I did that last night, I woke up before work and checked an auction, thought I had enough time to take a shower before throwing a bid in at the last second but I missed it by less than 30 seconds. Wasn't to pissed about it because I was looking for a rarer refractor of that certain player.
Lol Man, I have had a few of those, I even had one where my dsl disconnected 10 seconds Before the auction ended and I couldn't snipe. I was peeved for like 2 weeks Smile

Here is one for you Gixen Snipe bid its free to use and if you want a Mirror Snipe it cost $6.00 a year. It has worked wonders for me as I have missed actions before because I didn't get home on time so this you don't have to be home or worry about wakeing up at some crazy hour. I have never had it fail on me yet as some of the people I have heard on here complain about. Plus with the snipe bidder you don't have to worry about being nickel and dimed by a shill bidder if you bid to early.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(04-26-2012, 11:51 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: I use JustSnipe website, put in your max bid and it bids automatically with 1 second left. If I bid enough to win, I win. If your bid from 1 day ago is higher than my max, you still win. I agree that it's not so fun for those that like to watch the auctions in the last seconds they are ending thinking they are going to win but.....if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Just Snipe gives 5 free snipes per week or if you pay $5/mo you get unlimited and you can shrink the lead time down to 1 second.
JustSnipe huh.... Intresting
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

A snipe is just a bid. You will always lose an auction if someone bids more than you. Whether their bid was a snipe or done manually, the bottom line is you didn't bid enough to win.
XX

I use gixen as well and its great. If JustSnipe places bids 1 second before the auction ends, then I would be interested but it seems they only let you do 5 per week? That won't work for me haha.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]