`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
am I weird?

am I weird?
Well, yes we all know I am, that's not the point lol.

But this is in terms of my collecting. When I started out, all I cared about was having the most autos/relics that I could. Didn't matter of who or what, just as long as they were auto/relics. However, as I've "matured" in my collecting, I'm starting to reverse that logic...I'm looking through my shoeboxes, and I'm tempted to throw half of it on the bay/collectors here.

I used to...as weird as this may sound, have issues with trading away autos/relics of guys Id never even heard about. Now, I'd almost give some of um away.

I probably wouldn't even mind if my collection was cut in half, down to just Colts/Lions/Celtics/Yankees/HOFers/Stars/Red Wings! Is this weird?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: am I weird?
No,
It sounds like you are taking stock and feel a less cluttered collection would be better. I too have been contemplating the same thing. For all the big rookies I have it would be just as sweet to have Hall of Famers in older cards that won't devalue like current cards will.

(04-24-2012, 02:04 AM)magneto2 Wrote: No,
It sounds like you are taking stock and feel a less cluttered collection would be better. I too have been contemplating the same thing. For all the big rookies I have it would be just as sweet to have Hall of Famers in older cards that won't devalue like current cards will.
LITERALLY BRO LOL I have 4 shoeboxes of toploaders and STACKS of cards around me trying to organize them...and its just...it's too much. There is too much of a good thing here lol Hell there are two bankers boxes of base in my closet that I don't even care about (considering shipping them to that card charity someone posted about when my tax return comes) along with a CASE of boxes/RCs in storeage...its...too...much lol

That being said, what would be the best way to liquify? I mean, I'm a college student so every dime helps...I'd rather not toss um up for pennys on ebay, but that may be my only choice lol. Maybe offer team lots on here?

Thanks bro, and GOD ARE YOU UP LATE MAGNETO! LOL

As are you it seems. Insomnia sucks! Any way see if you can give the base and inserts to members or a local shop who needs extras. Also put out trades with stars and auto's of who you want and last sell in lots on ebay. You get up to 50 per month free listing. Hope that helps. By the way still high after a Coyotes victory tonight!

(04-24-2012, 02:13 AM)magneto2 Wrote: As are you it seems. Insomnia sucks! Any way see if you can give the base and inserts to members or a local shop who needs extras. Also put out trades with stars and auto's of who you want and last sell in lots on ebay. You get up to 50 per month free listing. Hope that helps. By the way still high after a Coyotes victory tonight!
shut up lol btw, I'm too lazy to look, what teams do you collect? Want me to make u an offer for all the auto/relics I have of um? LOL

Lately I am working on a Bowman Chrome auto set and Draft other than that Dbacks or Royals with Chiefs also mixed in. Cards are a lot of work that is for sure.

(04-24-2012, 02:19 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Lately I am working on a Bowman Chrome auto set and Draft other than that Dbacks or Royals with Chiefs also mixed in. Cards are a lot of work that is for sure.
the moment I read this I look down, theres a George Brett 81 Donruss #100 looking up at me lol odd

I think anyone who is in this "hobby" long enough does this. I started collecting in 1989, I collected Cleveland Browns and put them by year into pages in D ring binder. A couple years after that I was setting up at card shows selling Baseball, Football and Basketball cards including wax....geeeshhh how did that happen?

The insert craze and proliferation of cards in the later 90s got to me and I just stopped all together. I gave away thousands of cards and sold a bunch on ebay. Then I got back into it a couple years ago, I still had some of my older cards from years ago and I had them graded, I liked the idea of graded cards so I started collecting the skilled positions of all teams and either bought them graded or had them graded. I started collecting the top 30 rushing leaders, passing leaders, and recieving leaders and was going for the top RC of each.

Well my last change of direction was to begin dumping all of the current players except those that I feel are guaranteed HOFers like Payton Manning, Tomlinson, etc. and going after HOFers.

For me it's just easier to sell them on ebay, I know I take a loss on a lot of cards but my spending on this hobby is pretty small compared to what it was at one time and to what it could be with the price of some cards these days. So I spend most of my time looking to upgrade existing cards in my collection and if I do, selling the card that I got an upgrade of.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

I've done it at least three times. Gotten rid of probably 15,000 cards. Better for them to be with collectors who actually want them. Plus, it appeases my wife, because I take up less space in our cupboards! lol
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Ha, I just did the same thing and shipped the last of them out yesterday. I got rid of more than $3k in BV because I just kept buying boxes (I am a wax addict) and got a bunch of stuff that I just didn't care about. I was going to use it all as trade bait, but no one on Beckett really has any Arian Fosters that I don't already have any more! So, I decided to reduce some of the bulk and make room for buying more boxes! Gotta be honest, it felt pretty good to clear some of it up, and now I get to buy a couple boxes of NT with nothing out of pocket!