`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people claim things.

RE: Why do people claim things.
People lie...as long as there is human life on earth there will be someone trying to take advantage of another.....If you choose to use something besides beckett..both parties should be doing research...especially if it is a trader you have not dealt with before.

Anything after the detective work is evidence as it is...

If a member was trying to feed you false information on a cards sale to get you to buy high book then that's not cool...

The member can try and sell for full book, no problem. As soon as a false statement is brought in to play though... crosses the line for sure.
Anyway... how about my Fleury collection eh?!?!?! SICK EH?!?!!!! :p
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

In the end it all comes down to trade or don't trade..

I do have sympathy for you legend, seriously, I was just tryin to lighten the mood a bit. Like I've been saying for years, the bay is killing the hobby from a value standpoint, and this is just another facet to the argument!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

The value is what another is willing to pay for it...I have seen some ridiculous prices paid for items over the years that being said.....I shake my head...

If there is a BV for the card then I only trade by BV. I only use completed listings if the values are n/a. There has just been to many ripoffs and issues going on lately....no wonder there is probably less than 20 active traders on the hockey boards currently. Heck, I rarely even trade anymore these days because the fun is all but gone from it. Every time I do find a card I need here, it seems like the other person wants and arm and a leg for it over what it's worth.

Collectors are a dying breed... too many people are flooding into our online community to make money/profit... it's only going to get worse. I notice more and more members NOBODY has heard of with no Beckett stats, trying to push a sale.
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

Enough headshaking and grumbling already. thelegendjerryrice is well within his rights to rant about whatever he likes, as no names were mentioned. But whether or not id say someone trying to get a higher value on their card makes them a bad trader, it just means that card means more to them i guess, and also the said person may not be lying about it, and may not have checked the represented ebay values in the last 3 months to verify. For mine a simple PM sent with a link to the values shown may have dealt with this situation better..... and a query asking when and where said higher value was seen and eveidence supporting this. And after all that, even still theres not necessarily any way to prove either way that it did or didnt sell - as private listings dont show up in the completed listings data to my knowledge. I agree with "why cant we all just get along" people are squabbling over pieces of cardboard with pictures of fully grown men on them... and a little tired of seeing threads about trading blow ups... just walk away from the trade if you dont like it.... anyway end of my own rant.....
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Not me I don't trade or sell....just collect and make post's .....was going to trade with some but to me not really worth the possible headaches...at times I give for free not expecting anything in return...you can tell after being here awhile who are the decent members not hard to figure out....

Simple go by the motto DTA!!!!!! Everyone and anyone will make a buck at the mercy of others, and I mean everybody. Anyone given the opportunity will, end of story. Book value, shmook value. Most people are just like used car salesman, they will tell you anything they can to get you to bite. You need to investigate, go through and then chalk it up for next time. No one else can "make you trade", it is entirely your decision. I have been burned more times in all of my life and you either learn from it or continue to make bad choices. I do that every week with cracking wax, lol......Life is way to short to fume and fuss over cardboard bro, I can attest from the last 2 years when I pretty much died and came back, so stay helathy and move on.