`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys think?

RE: What do you guys think?
gotta agree with everyone else.. bid what youre willing to pay for the card..id wait til the end of the auction personally. good luck!
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

I bought a high end card from him recently. I put my max bid in with 40 minutes left in the auction. I won it without it even getting bid up on. So, I say put in your max and let it ride.

(04-16-2012, 12:00 PM)chads-cards Wrote: No matter the seller it doesnt change what your willing to spend. If you wanna spend x them spend it. Dont go into a bidding war just bid your max and let it ride.
Exactly!

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(04-16-2012, 11:54 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: I have more than 1 account. I won't sell a card on the same account that I buy it. And I bought high end off him also. I'm just saying, I've never been shilled and I do believe if someone could actually prove to e bay that they were shilled, he would have been removed by now instead of having a 99% positive rating? I'd miss him if he left e bay, that's for sure. I buy cards of teams and players that I don't collect from him, take them to the shows, and make money off of them. I take that money and buy NYG's cards for my PC. I've never had a problem with the seller at all. Am I now a bad guy because I've never had a problem buying off of him?
I just have one account (not sure why that matters though), and I have bought from him once using a max bid without getting my item bid up as well, but just because it hasn't happened to you in the multitude of times you bought from him, and it didn't happen the time I bought from him, does NOT mean it does not happen.

At best, I think one bidder placing 835 bids in 30 days on one seller is suspicious. Even worse if the bidder has multiple accounts and they placed bids on the same seller's items. I still say, if you are buying low end cards from him, you probably won't have to worry about having them bid up. It wouldn't be worth the time and effort for a shiller to do it. I DO think it would be worth it to some sellers on a 1/1 card featuring a HoF QB. Is this proof? Not at all, but I do not need proof to determine where I will spend my money. I believe, so I won't buy anything else from him. All your blustery statements mean nothing and won't change my opinion on the matter.

For those that want items from him, I recommend using a sniping program, or a site like Bidnapper.com
And as far as the 99% feedback, if my card arrived in good condition and within the average shipping time, you SHOULD give him positive feedback. But you got to understand, the people that lose out to shillers don't get to leave feedback because they didn't win the item.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(04-16-2012, 01:21 PM)all day baby Wrote: I just have one account (not sure why that matters though), and I have bought from him once using a max bid without getting my item bid up as well, but just because it hasn't happened to you in the multitude of times you bought from him, and it didn't happen the time I bought from him, does NOT mean it does not happen.

At best, I think one bidder placing 835 bids in 30 days on one seller is suspicious. Even worse if the bidder has multiple accounts and they placed bids on the same seller's items. I still say, if you are buying low end cards from him, you probably won't have to worry about having them bid up. It wouldn't be worth the time and effort for a shiller to do it. I DO think it would be worth it to some sellers on a 1/1 card featuring a HoF QB. Is this proof? Not at all, but I do not need proof to determine where I will spend my money. I believe, so I won't buy anything else from him. All your blustery statements mean nothing and won't change my opinion on the matter.

For those that want items from him, I recommend using a sniping program, or a site like Bidnapper.com
And as far as the 99% feedback, if my card arrived in good condition and within the average shipping time, you SHOULD give him positive feedback. But you got to understand, the people that lose out to shillers don't get to leave feedback because they didn't win the item.
I wouldn't try to change your opinion. It is, what it is. That is what forums are all about. Different opinions on the same subject. And I certainly wasn't being confrontational that's for sure.

If you look at my 1st post, I think I was pretty upfront in saying to just bid your max and let it ride. I gave a recent example of what I purchased from him. You decided comment on my post. The title of this thread is "what do you guys think" I told him what I think. Why do you care so much about "what I think" that you feel the need to continually comment? I'll bet the OP is fully capable of reading the different opinions and making a decision without needing an argument starting in his thread . Let's be respectful to the OP and try to keep the posts directed towards him and his question instead of going back and forth. I respect your opinion, regardless of what you think of mine.

I care for one reason only... in each thread about the seller, you come in and say the same thing -- "I've bought from him and never had a problem, so that means he isn't a shiller." Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean he doesn't shill at all. You have a good history with him. Awesome. My one purchase with him was drama-free too. But looking at the bidding history in the auction above, it certainly makes me wonder how it can be anything other than shilling. Latching onto one seller is common, but 835 bids in 30 days is too odd for me.

That's my point.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(04-16-2012, 03:20 PM)all day baby Wrote: I care for one reason only... in each thread about the seller, you come in and say the same thing -- "I've bought from him and never had a problem, so that means he isn't a shiller." Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean he doesn't shill at all. You have a good history with him. Awesome. My one purchase with him was drama-free too. But looking at the bidding history in the auction above, it certainly makes me wonder how it can be anything other than shilling. Latching onto one seller is common, but 835 bids in 30 days is too odd for me.

That's my point.
You quoted something I never said, lol.

I said, "I was never shilled"

(04-16-2012, 07:14 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: I'll buy it and sell it to you if it makes you feel better. Put in your best price, and sit back and see what happens. You'll either get what you want or you won't. Worry about the price and forget about the other bidders. Don't drive yourself nuts....

And just so you know, I buy from him all the time and I don't believe I've ever been shilled. I get cards below book regularly. I bought this card for $7.50 two days ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270950981061?ssP...1439.l2649
Its not that I think bigboyd wont come through on the transaction as Ive bought from him before and everything showed up great but its the shilling aspect of his reputation that always puts doubt in my eyes.

Did you check out the people bidding on this particular card? You dont see %s like these.

Guy with 44 feedback has placed 1580 bids on 920 items in 30 days or less. (thats crazy). Bid activity is at 64% and of all the items listed that he is currently bidding on they are all the same seller (bigboyd). Now lets assume all this is coincidence. What about the new high bidder?

He has 203 feedback with 875 bids on 852 items (again crazy) with a whopping 98% bid activity on bigboyd and again all of their current bids are all on bigboyd items.

I also understand repeat customers but the way some of the bid percentages show its like they only buy from him or almost solely buy from him. I would be shocked if my bid % with any 1 particular seller is higher than 3% lol.
(04-16-2012, 12:00 PM)chads-cards Wrote: No matter the seller it doesnt change what your willing to spend. If you wanna spend x them spend it. Dont go into a bidding war just bid your max and let it ride.
While this sounds logical here is the issue I have with this thought process. If my max is $100 and I win for $90 but you remove the shilled bids and the card wouldve went for $60 then what? Even though I paid $10 less than my max I still have to shell out an extra $30 for fake/illegal bids. Not cool.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Are there any free sniping sites?

(04-16-2012, 01:21 PM)all day baby Wrote: I just have one account (not sure why that matters though), and I have bought from him once using a max bid without getting my item bid up as well, but just because it hasn't happened to you in the multitude of times you bought from him, and it didn't happen the time I bought from him, does NOT mean it does not happen.

Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(04-16-2012, 11:29 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: While this sounds logical here is the issue I have with this thought process. If my max is $100 and I win for $90 but you remove the shilled bids and the card wouldve went for $60 then what? Even though I paid $10 less than my max I still have to shell out an extra $30 for fake/illegal bids. Not cool.
THIS. this this this i am so bleeping sick of people just saying "just bid what you want", as if that is some solace, or even the point. people just outright saying shilling is fine because you were willing to spend that much. IT'S BLEEPING COLLUSION.

also, not just not cool: illegal

im so tired of folks making excuses for people that outright scam people. makes me bleeping sick