Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help identifying - Ortiz Relic

Need help identifying - Ortiz Relic
[Image: Ortiz.jpg]

I recently bought one of those boxes with 20 or so random packs they have at Walmart and found this thing in one. I've searched with all the proper signifiers (Ortiz, 2008, Topps, serial #d/50, mem) and nothing seems to fit. Even a Dick Perez search doesn't show it.

I'd like to figure out what it is to see if it's worth listing for auction or not. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

RE: Need help identifying - Ortiz Relic
Try adding 'Walmart' into your search, those inserts were Walmart exclusives I believe. Ive never seen a relic version, pretty nice pull from a random assortment of packs, congrats!
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

it's most definitely not in the opg

(04-18-2012, 08:11 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's most definitely not in the opg
I didn't see it either, nothing even remotely close. Didn't see anything like in on ebay either.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Looking around, this is the only shred of a clue I can find. It's some guy in the same boat as me but with an Ichiro version. http://baseballcards.wikia.com/wiki/Cate...nsert_Sets

I wasn't collecting back in 2008 so I'm extra blind here. Could this have been an unannounced insert parallel? Surely there can't be that much unopened 2008 Topps that these are the only 2 to show up. Numbered /50 isn't THAT rare, right?

it's most definitely a variant of this set:

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2008/topps-dick-perez/

im guessing retail only

check me for it would love to add it to my ortiz pc
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(04-18-2012, 11:19 AM)rascrush Wrote: check me for it would love to add it to my ortiz pc
Didn't see anything. Thanks.