RE: Extreme Shilling
Wow that's annoying. Tough break.
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

Crazy crap that people do! Things like this make me ill! Too bad about the card, and I hope that this guy gets his.

Randi

Too bad, it's a nice card.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

These are just some of the reasons that I avoid ebay for the most part now. I haven't sold anything in quite some time. I noticed a team doing this a couple years ago and just had to avoid buying from "them."

One thing I find worse than this is being the winning bidder with just over 24 hours to go and then suddenly the card is "lost" and the auction is ended early. They usually "find" the card a couple of days late and relist it. In have reported 1 seller several times for this, but they are allowed to do it for some reason.

The fact that after they bought paypal they mandated that you have to use an online form of payment makes me sick. As a small time seller, I can't afford the fees anymore.

Nathan

The person with 99% bid history with the seller that was shilling the Stamkos and some others, just shilled the Oshie I was watching up to $130. I reported the seller on as many listings as I could. Guess the Oshie is def out of the question for me now....which really makes me mad as that's one card of Oshie that I've been trying to pick up for years now.

I love eBay. I've grabbed a number of awesome cards on there for a steal. I've also made a lot of money to fund my hobby by selling cards that I didn't want. That said, I too have witnessed the unscrupulous activities of some members. Shill bidding is one of the worst things to watch on eBay because its often so blatant yet it appears completely tolerable.

Having been a former victim of shill bidding myself, I now set a limit of what I'm willing to pay for each card I bid on. Once that card hits my limit, its dead to me. It's not easy, and there have been more than a few auctions in the past that still haunt me.

In the end though, I'm usually pretty happy. I personally would rather lose a card that I wanted but ultimately refused to overpay for rather than buy the card I wanted and feel like an idiot or a dupe for overpaying.
[Image: pwskelly_zps1a5efa17.jpg]

Collecting: 2005-06 SP Authentic Hockey Marks of Distinction and Mike Liut.