`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BGS Grades Arrived. Now with pretty pictures

BGS Grades Arrived. Now with pretty pictures
I'm not upset, did pretty well, but I did believe the Jungmann to be perfect. 5/14 9.5

The Desert Shield Walker is exactly what I expected.

First 10 below. Final 4 in next post.
Will take paypal offers until 10pm tonight.
Photo quality suffered as my batteries dwindled.

[Image: bradleyblue.jpg][Image: jungmanngold.jpg]
[Image: stephenson.jpg][Image: fernandezgold.jpg]
[Image: brownred.jpg][Image: demersorange.jpg][Image: dysoncanary.jpg][Image: jungmannref.jpg]
[Image: pabstorange.jpg]
[Image: sandsref.jpg]

RE: BGS Grades Arrived.
Do you have a picture of the Dyson?

RE: BGS Grades Arrived.
Last 4 below.

(04-10-2012, 10:13 PM)eltoro20122012 Wrote: Do you have a picture of the Dyson?
Not in hand yet. Only grade I'm kinda upset with. It got stright 9's. Evidently I'm good enough to eyeball 5 Gems out of 14 cards sent and predict my '91 Topps Desert Shield Walker would get an 8.5, but somehow didn't notice any flaws on a 1/1 card.

[Image: sheffieldgold.jpg]
[Image: storyorange.jpg]
[Image: vogelblue.jpg]
[Image: walker.jpg]

RE: BGS Grades Arrived. Now with pretty pictures
added pictures.

Not bad. You must have a good eye to not get anything under a 9 excluding the Walker which you knew would get what it got. My last group of submissions surprised the hell out of me. I received a couple that I was thinking 9 on and got 9.5's instead.

(04-15-2012, 08:04 AM)tntmclmm Wrote: Not bad. You must have a good eye to not get anything under a 9 excluding the Walker which you knew would get what it got. My last group of submissions surprised the hell out of me. I received a couple that I was thinking 9 on and got 9.5's instead.
Yeah, best subs I've ever had. I eyeballed them really hard. Probably got grades taken down from scratches made by my eyelashes. Only had one 9.5 come back in (2000 Bowman's Best Johan Santana) in around 60-75 subs. AND I STILL INSPECT THEM THE SAME WAY.

I know everyone thinks they get screwed, but I'm telling you, a lot of those should be higher. Even from these bad pictures, look at the grades on centering, a few look centered exactly the same, yet have different scores.

I believe all graders look hard at Desert Shield cards. They are truly tough to find in good condition even though all of them didn't go through a war. I had the Walker since '93. Got at a card show directly from a collector/soldier who brought it home. I paid $3 bucks for it but oh so wish I'd gotten more. Stayed in the same soft sleeve and top loader since and was lucky to still have it. About a year and a half ago, we had a hot water heater explode. Lost a lot of stuff then, it escaped.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in any of these, they have until a little before 10pm eastern. After that, they will go to auction.