`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New mailday... 1/1

New mailday... 1/1
Got my latest shipment in. Guy forgot to send one of the cards, so thats kind of a bummer. But it'll get here eventually... Heres the damage:

[Image: irbemail5.jpg]

[Image: irbe1o1frt.jpg][Image: irbe1o1bck.jpg]

Already had the megastars #/9, but my dealer threw it in for free for buying the 1/1... The 1/1 is marked RED, but should say BLACK. Another weird thing I never noticed on the back of the Gold Label is the career stats. it says : GP 550, W: 276, L: 174, T: 75. I dont know wtf Gold Label is going by to get those numbers (through 98-99 season), cause the W/L/T adds up to 525 games, not 550. The wins are way off & so are the losses. Their should be a lot more losses then that too. So im confused as to where they got those numbers from.

I personally think the Stadium Club card is one of the ugliest Irbe cards made, this is the "photographers proof" parellel #/250... But ugly or not I still needed it so had ta buy it. I also didnt know they even made the Pro Mag magnet version, Ive had the paper proof of the card above & iron curtain magnet, but was surprized to find out they actually had a magnet version, which I found for $3.00, the same day I found out they made one. So that was pretty cool. The semic sticker is the one that says Mmm...Marabou on the back. I already had the blank back one. Im not sure which is swedish & finnish tho, but its nice ta mark that guy off the checklist too...

Anyway, there they are. Im not keeping the 1/1 tho, it already has a buyer lined up. Or I may trade it to one of 2 irbe collectors.
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: New mailday... 1/1
Nice pickups - Thanks for the pics.
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

nice looking cards

All very worthy pickups. Looks like you did very well.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Some nice pickups. Pretty rare pickup with an old (99?!) 1 of 1 card, lucky to have found it.

Looking at the stats, is it possible GP is total games including starts, but not finishes. Perhaps he got yanked in 25 of those games and the second goalie coming in got the credit in stats for the W/L/T? Just a thought.

(04-11-2012, 01:41 AM)scarrman Wrote: Some nice pickups. Pretty rare pickup with an old (99?!) 1 of 1 card, lucky to have found it.

Looking at the stats, is it possible GP is total games including starts, but not finishes. Perhaps he got yanked in 25 of those games and the second goalie coming in got the credit in stats for the W/L/T? Just a thought.
Yea, but Irbe finished with career W/L ratio under .500... According to this he was like 100 games OVER .500, and with carolina their was only 1 year that he finished under. Even if the GP includes pulled starts, the loss category is WAY off.. Im wondering if they are including minor league wins/losses when they figured this. But from the numbers ive crunched, even including KC Blades totals, they arent anywhere near this... Its pretty odd

[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

wow that is amazing Irbe pick ups congrats
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I don't know what to tell you about the stats, but I had the same thought as scarrman. Maybe they just messed up that bad... It IS Topps you know! Haha! Congrats on the huge mailday, and thanks for the show!

Randi