`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick question

Quick question
I have had some health problems recently and will need surgery soon. I need to raise some money, so I was going to try to sell my non-PC card collection. I'm trying to find the most economical way to do this. Do you guys have any suggestions?? I was thinking of offering 1200 lots on Ebay for $15/lot including s/h. Each lot would guarantee to get at least BV back, but some lots would offer significantly more. I was thinking of offering some huge cards to make this kind of like a lotto. Thinking of putting in a couple of Bryce Harper autos, a Bubba Starling black refractor auto from Bowman Sterling, Trent Richardson Artistry auto, some printing plates including a Mike Trout black printing plate auto from topps tribute, among many others. Would you guys be interested in an auction like that if you saw it on Ebay? I would only want to sell this way assuming I would sell all 1200 lots. I see most of the lots offered on Ebay state that you can get 4 to 5 times BV for what you spend, usually $10, but they do not give you the option of hitting a huge card like a Bowman Sterling Bryce Harper auto to /50. I would also guarantee that BV would be from no more than 8 cards, with the lots only receiving one card to be the huge auto, game-used hits.

The other option is to offer it to a dealer, but would probably have no way of making as much. Any advise would be appreciated.

Steve Devers

RE: Quick question
Sorry to hear about your health problems.

I would sell your big name cards by themselves, as most would think that your mystery packs will be BS.

Sell the rest in team lots.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(04-09-2012, 03:42 PM)Krangry Wrote: Sorry to hear about your health problems.

I would sell your big name cards by themselves, as most would think that your mystery packs will be BS.

Sell the rest in team lots.
I agree, unfortunately most of those lots that say they have huge cards randomly inserted in some are BS. Kind of ruins it for the guys that are legit.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

sorry as well for the health problems. i guess maybe try both. do some of the big names by themselves and others with the lots. lmk, i would be willing to help out by buying a lot.
hope things get better.

I'm hoping my honesty will make the lots work. I have a perfect Ebay rating, though most of those guys do, as well. I will probably do 2x book value for the regular lots and then some lots with 1 card will be the big lots. I will not make promises for every lot, but that maybe 1 in 25 will be worth at $60 with some being worth up to $500. I should have enough autos and game-used that are worth enough for that. All cards will be stars, game-used, autos or serial numbered cards. There would only have to be 1 lot early on that I would have to intentionally give a big card to someone, so that they can see it is legitmate. Lots could make me a whole lot more money, though I will at least call a couple of dealers, as it will be much easier and less to do. I have about 50K in cards right now, with many, many inserts of stars. I will end up donating the commons and other cards to like Boy Scouts of America so that can give it as incentives. I hope I have the guts to try the lots, but the only it works is if I can sell all the lots. I'm not really sure how I can legitimize things so that people know it is not a hoax.

Steve Devers

well if u need me to help u start somehow, by buying a lot, lmk. when u do, i can give tell u my user name so u know its me from the beckett site.
thanks

(04-09-2012, 04:25 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: well if u need me to help u start somehow, by buying a lot, lmk. when u do, i can give tell u my user name so u know its me from the beckett site.
thanks
I will. I'm thinking of trying it over the next couple of weeks. Trying to find out if there is a way to sell the lots, but not collect payment until they have all sold, so I can get a randomizer to select who gets what.

Steve

(04-09-2012, 06:09 PM)spdevers76 Wrote: I will. I'm thinking of trying it over the next couple of weeks. Trying to find out if there is a way to sell the lots, but not collect payment until they have all sold, so I can get a randomizer to select who gets what.

Steve
That will never work. Good luck getting some eBay buyers to pay in a timely manner if at all. Now you want to tell them to wait lol.... Will be a bigger headache than you think. The only way lots will work is time. You will have to build a reputation on eBay for good lots before you will really sell any volume. And be ready for the guys who only get 2x book and leave you negative feedback because they didnt get the $500 card. There is a guy here, Jacoby, that has been doing dutch lots on eBay for a long time. He will tell you it aint easy and he aint gettin rich lol....
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket