`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you buy cards off Amazon?

Do you buy cards off Amazon?
My batch of '55 and '56 Topps was finally processed on CheckOutMyCards.com and as I was listing them I noticed an option to sync your COMC listings to sell on Amazon for an additional 20% surcharge.

As far as I can remember Ive only made one card purchase from Amazon ever. I have, however, purchased quite a few things from their e-store over the years.

Im just wondering if its worth it as there are a lot of options out there. Ill usually check eBay first, then COMC, Sportlots, Beckett and exhaust several other options before ending up somewhere like Amazon...so my question is

How many of you actually check Amazon for cards?
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

RE: Do you buy cards off Amazon?
I have bought cards a couple times on there, but only if I was trying to go over the $25 threshold for free Supersaver shipping. The search for stuff brings a million different hits and it's hard to just get packs/boxes from a search.

I don't sell on COMC, but I would think that the additional surcharge for selling on Amazon too would kill your profit margin. 20% seems kinda steep.
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

RE: Do you buy cards off Amazon?
As a buyer I find the shipping charges for COMC to be ridiculously high. I found a lot of cards I needed at under a buck, but after all of the packing charges, shipping charges, toploader charges, the actual price being paid was way too high not to just have patience and wait for Ebay lots. I was excited to find some of what I needed in search on Amazon, but then when it turned out to be COMC backed out, only use that site when needing like a single rare higher end thing.