`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 leaf draft pick blasters? people going crazy over them??

2012 leaf draft pick blasters? people going crazy over them??
Was browsing fleebay and noticing that the Leaf Draft blasters were selling for near double what I can pick them up. I can go pick up 50 of these blasters right now for $20 a piece, and they are selling upwards of $40.

Anyone have any idea why? Seems quite stupid to me, unless they didn't release them everywhere a walmart is placed.
Eddie George Super Collector

RE: 2012 leaf draft pick blasters? people going crazy over them??
That is odd. Also strange--I got one at Target the other day and the whole "base set" is the Blue parallel. Anyone else run into that? I think the red versions are supposed to be the base set, so it seemed odd to get all blues. Who knows. And the autos aren't in the OPG yet. Sad
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(04-06-2012, 01:28 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: That is odd. Also strange--I got one at Target the other day and the whole "base set" is the Blue parallel. Anyone else run into that? I think the red versions are supposed to be the base set, so it seemed odd to get all blues. Who knows. And the autos aren't in the OPG yet. Sad
Yea I noticed the auto's are not listed yet. Red is the base set. Then there is blue and gold parallels. And the leaf website lists nothing about a checklist.

People just raise the prices on the bay is what im guessing. I mean people were selling the Topps Magic packs for 30 or a little more when they came out.

(04-06-2012, 01:34 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Yea I noticed the auto's are not listed yet. Red is the base set. Then there is blue and gold parallels. And the leaf website lists nothing about a checklist.
So instead of getting the full 50-card base set, I got the full 50-card Blue parallel set? Huh. Can't complain about that, I guess! Smile
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

I bought one of the blasters. Sorry, but I can't figure out what the fuss is about, unless someone is looking for RGIII or Trent Richardson autos. Got a Trevor Guyton blue auto, but I wasn't impressed at all. Reminds me of Score Board. I'll wait for the official stuff
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(04-06-2012, 02:23 PM)duch2izback Wrote: I bought one of the blasters. Sorry, but I can't figure out what the fuss is about, unless someone is looking for RGIII or Trent Richardson autos. Got a Trevor Guyton blue auto, but I wasn't impressed at all. Reminds me of Score Board. I'll wait for the official stuff
Just like you I pulled two not so great autographs out of one blaster I decided to try. Nothing special.

(04-06-2012, 02:40 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Just like you I pulled two not so great autographs out of one blaster I decided to try. Nothing special.
At least you got two. BTW all of the base cards are blue bordered, but they also had 10 gold parallels and a 3 card RGIII subset. To me it's total crap and I don't recommend it to anyone, unless you are dying to try and get a RGIII auto. I should have known by the fact that there have been ten boxes at my Wally World for over a week....
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

I have seen 2 different versions of the boxes. One is a green box with 20 packs, 2 autos and bonus Andrew Luck card. The other is a gold box with the 50 card set, 10 gold parallels, 1 auto and a bonus 3 card set of RGIII. I have seen these at both Walmarts nearby, and was tempted to grab one of each last weekend. I don't know why they would be reselling for much more than the $20 is costs to get one at Walmart. Maybe I will grab one of each next trip just in case I am missing out on something (heck it can't be that bad of a gamble for $40 to get one of each).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I have bought two of the greens and one of the yellow boxes.

Couldn't even complete one 50-card set of the red cards out of the green boxes, though I do have like eight Lamar Millers ... LOL.

But I did get a bonus Luck insert in each box and a total of four autos (highest projected pick is a third-rounder, DB Josh Norman.)

The yellow box has a 50-card complete set, just with blue borders instead of red, as well as 10 random yellow cards, one auto and one three-card RGIII insert set.

So, basically, it just depends what you want ... if you want a guaranteed complete set, one auto and three guaranteed RGIII inserts and no Luck cards at all, buy the yellow box.

If you want a random assortment with as many as five of the same guy in the same box, two autos and a guaranteed Luck card, buy the green box.

They've put just enough/but not quite enough in each one to make each type a decent buy for $20, but after one of either they get fairly boring in my opinion.