`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
They should bring this back

They should bring this back
I remember watching re-runs of these old home run derbys as a kid back in the 80s, was awesome to see Hall of Famers playing in their prime and battling it out in a king of the hill competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC9ku86y42o

The All Star game derby is great. I dont see why they couldnt do them in the off season, play for big bucks and donate a portion to charity or something.

Thome vs Pujols

A Rod vs Ramirez

Beltran vs Fielder

Mauer vs Wright

etc

Would be great imo.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

RE: They should bring this back
It would be a lot of fun to watch...although I think Thome's spine would turn to dust in a HR derby Big Grin

(04-02-2012, 01:19 PM)Merovius Wrote: I remember watching re-runs of these old home run derbys as a kid back in the 80s, was awesome to see Hall of Famers playing in their prime and battling it out in a king of the hill competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC9ku86y42o

The All Star game derby is great. I dont see why they couldnt do them in the off season, play for big bucks and donate a portion to charity or something.

Thome vs Pujols

A Rod vs Ramirez

Beltran vs Fielder

Mauer vs Wright

etc

Would be great imo.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

I think its all based on injuries. They wont do it and jeopardize their career with the money they make. Could be a good PR move for MLB. Saturday afternoon show, tie it in with the web. Could make some new fans.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Forget March Madness. Throw 32 players from each league out there and have them hit HR, 1-on-1, against each other. I would find that much more entertaining and would definitely buy a bracket to fill out each season.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(04-02-2012, 03:37 PM)jonathani Wrote: Forget March Madness. Throw 32 players from each league out there and have them hit HR, 1-on-1, against each other. I would find that much more entertaining and would definitely buy a bracket to fill out each season.

JonathanI
Yea and have them pitch to each other. I know it would never happen, especially letting them pitch but it would be so fun to watch.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

They show reruns about a week before the all star game usually. I remember seeing 2008-10 last year. They proably showed more I didn't see.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

There was a good article in the ESPN mag this month where the new manager for the cubs held a bunting tourament in this format with 64 players playing each other and had places marked in the infield for points and thats how they would win. Pretty cool and he did it to help the team come together. Might be a good idea to do more things like that and let everyone watch
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Oh wow.. I remember as a teenager (early/mid 90s) i had a channel called "Sports classics" on cable and used to watch the one on one HR derbys in black and white. Those were good times. Todays athletes are made out of paper and you can quote me on that. What ever happend to the "old timers" game right before the all star game? Gosh......
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.