`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Definitely not a one-of-a-kind opinion.

RE: Definitely not a one-of-a-kind opinion.
i'll try and sell the card without putting 1/1 in the title...i just have to figure out what a resoneable price point is for it and i'll go from there.
one more thing...what tipped me off that victory black wasn't out of 5 was the fact that i own 3 victory blacks of the same player in that year...i did hit a hot case however i doubt i got 3 of 5 cards in that case break
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Victory Back was a 5 print run card for 1 year. It's only been in the last year or two that people have figured it out. Some people still go a little bananas over them if they've been looking a long time.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Bruinsfan08 saved me a lot of typing. I agree.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

I agree with you, Chris, as this does create confusion and distaste for the hobby. I have seen it many times and have to wonder why it still goes on with all of the jersey-numbered cards and 1/### cards. Most every collector knows that these are not 1/1 cards, but, like was pointed out before, they are one-of-a-kind. List that! You will still get your premium, and will stop the confusion and distaste.

Randi

I don't think there's any real confusion. I think there's annoyance and frustration at having to sift through these listings, but is there really and truly actual confusion.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

i dont think there is confusion either but anyways i'll try to post it without 1/1 in the title and see...

i might wait a bit anyways as i might have interest in a trade and i recently had to re-list a big card item because of a non paying bidder and don't want too many oilers at once
Wanted:

+1 !! lol I hate that... everyone was telling me when I pulled my hall/eberle/pajaarvi Artifacts trios.... 149/149 its a 1/1 you can make all of their jersey numbers with it being 149/149.... lol get lost the cards worth like $20 maybe... haha
Looking for 2010-11 Panini - Dominion Peerless Patches /25; Cam Ward, Crosby and Lemieux - or any others /25 Peerless Patches out there PM me...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/home/jefferz940/index

this hobby is full of collectors that collect different things...wasn't there someone who used to post on here who liked lucky number 13 for example?

I still post on here and still look for cards #'d 13/xxx. So many different views on this topic. I do not buy on Ebay so i does not bother me. I just do not feel comfortable paying more for some 1/1 if it is a show stamp.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

(03-26-2012, 04:08 PM)mq13 Wrote: this hobby is full of collectors that collect different things...wasn't there someone who used to post on here who liked lucky number 13 for example?

I still post on here and still look for cards #'d 13/xxx. So many different views on this topic. I do not buy on Ebay so i does not bother me. I just do not feel comfortable paying more for some 1/1 if it is a show stamp.
btw i just added a number 13 in my org...thought you might want to know in case there are other things you want on there

its the Upper Deck MVP Gold Script Tyler Plante RC
Wanted:

AGREED 100%!!!!

People are getting carried away with this 1/1 bullcrap. If you really want to think about it a card numbered 2,340/10,000 is technically a 1/1. But someone with their head on straight knows that the card is only one of 10,000 printed. C'mon people, use your heads!!! A 1/1 means that, THAT card is the only one in existance