IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chipper to retire after 2012 season

RE: Chipper to retire after 2012 season
one of the top 5 switch hitters of all-time, probably top 3

(03-22-2012, 03:19 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: one of the top 5 switch hitters of all-time, probably top 3
I'm thinking top 3: Mantle, Murray, JONES!
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(03-22-2012, 03:22 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: I'm thinking top 3: Mantle, Murray, JONES!
that's who i have as well, but i understand there can be arguments made for a couple other guys

I think I'll have to try and get some Braves - Nationals tickets to see him one last time. He is definitely a HOFer and one of the great players from a tainted era.

I will 100% go to his last game a Citi field vs the Mets. Hated the guy for forever, now its just respect. He abused the NL East for 2 decades. HOF, no doubt

Throw out some last LARRY LARRY LARRY chants one more time
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

(03-23-2012, 07:38 AM)captdolo Wrote: I will 100% go to his last game a Citi field vs the Mets. Hated the guy for forever, now its just respect. He abused the NL East for 2 decades. HOF, no doubt

Throw out some last LARRY LARRY LARRY chants one more time
LOL! I hear if you chant loud enough he'll hit a HR so you'll be quiet, lol.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Being in Canada I grew up a Jays and Expos fan. As the Braves continued to get good I started watching their games on TBS and feel in love with Chippers attitude and style of play. When the Expos relocated the Braves became my NL team and my Jays continued on as my AL team. I collected Chipper probably heavier than any other player with the exception of Griffey Jr. I will certainly miss watching #10 take to the field for the Braves.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(03-22-2012, 02:21 PM)motu79 Wrote: I admire players that stick with one team their whole career! Here's hoping he can stay healthy for this year.
i agree its impressive

sad to see him go but write down this name... Edward Salcedo.

You can thank me in a couple of years. lol