Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping Cards

Shipping Cards
Hey,

What is the least expensive and safest way to ship cards? I have been using a bubble mailer (about $0.50) and a top loader (about $0.13) and two stamps ($0.45 each) for a total cost of around $1.50 which is what I charge for shipping. However, I notice a lot of other sellers who are able to list similar cards with a shipping cost of $0.99 or even free. These guys just undercut my prices and my card won't sell. Is there a cheaper way to do this? Should I use sleeves instead of top loaders to cut down on weight? How much do your cards usually cost to ship?

Note: The cards I am selling are going for around $0.50-$1.00 so being off by a couple cents on my shipping really has an effect my profit percentage.

Thanks

RE: Shipping Cards
pay the extra and put in decoys in a team bag when you ship the card. way better than having to deal with a card that got damaged when it was sent.
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

(03-22-2012, 06:44 PM)Coachgraham31 Wrote: Hey,

What is the least expensive and safest way to ship cards? I have been using a bubble mailer (about $0.50) and a top loader (about $0.13) and two stamps ($0.45 each) for a total cost of around $1.50 which is what I charge for shipping. However, I notice a lot of other sellers who are able to list similar cards with a shipping cost of $0.99 or even free. These guys just undercut my prices and my card won't sell. Is there a cheaper way to do this? Should I use sleeves instead of top loaders to cut down on weight? How much do your cards usually cost to ship?

Note: The cards I am selling are going for around $0.50-$1.00 so being off by a couple cents on my shipping really has an effect my profit percentage.

Thanks
use paypal shipping. anything under 3 oz is 1.64, and you get dc for free, which also happens to be required if you accept payment through paypal (if you ship without dc, anyone can file a claim and win automatically)

also: bubble mailers should be bought in bulk, 250 at a time. that cuts the cost down to about 15-20 cents each, depending on where you get them.

if you ship with toploaders, you risk damage. unless you buy insurance (requirement for the seller, not the buyer), you are respo0nsible for making sure it gets there safely

This is the way I ship:

sleeve, top loader, then blue tape on the top loader, in a team bag, then in an envelope, then bubble mailer, then I tape the envelope to the bubble mailer so it can't move around in the bubble mailer. I'd rather ship a really really secure card/cards then have issues that cost more with time and headaches. Oh and with money transactions I put a DC on it..
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

I buy 1000 toploaders at a time, usually comes with penny sleeves. And bubble mailers 500 at a time. Keeps my cost way down. Ship thru paypal with dc for 1.64 for 3 oz's and below.

As they say - How do you make a small fortune on ebay? Start with a large one. Sorry bud but $1 cards are going to end up costing you money to sell. Like Jacoby said if you dont have DC anyone can file and they will win no matter what. I would suggest doing cards in lots to make the money more feesable. i.e lot of 10 Peyton Manning cards for $10 instead of 10 Peyton Manning cards individually for $1 each.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

What size bubble mailer?!

Its #000
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(03-22-2012, 07:20 PM)branesergen Wrote: Its #000
+1

Same size I use. And what Branesergen is saying, is probably some of the best advice you'll get.
Eddie George Super Collector

A box of 25 bubble mailers can be had at Sam's Club for under $5.00. That's about 25 cents each. Some sellers buy them in bulk from various online merchants even cheaper. I buy my top loaders by the case. 1000 Ultra Pro premium holder (40 packs of 25) for about $70 delivered (or 7 cents each). If I'm sending a cheap single I use large envelope postage rate and skip the delivery confirmation (but will not be able to do this and still get eBay seller discounts come June).

i buy dvd mailers - 7.5x10. big enough for bigger orders, but also big enough to cut in half and get two bubble mailers out of 1 for smaller orders. a lot more bang for your buck