Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Touch Magnetic Cases
Smile 
RE: One Touch Magnetic Cases
(03-21-2012, 01:34 PM)jchavestx Wrote: Yeah they can be kind of expensive, but I just bought some in bulk on ebay, 50 of them for $51, which seemed to be the most reasonable deal, unless your buying more than that.

As for protecting the one touches from scratches, I put them in individual graded bags as well, the regular team bags just dont seem large enough for the flap to cover it 100%, i also fold over the excess graded bag on one side and secure the excess flap to the back with tape so it will fit snugly in a 2 row box.

I just dont like the idea of folding a penny sleeve and putting it in the backside of the card to prevent the card movement. I would think that the pressure from the sleeve on the card would cause long-term surface damage like an indention or surface scratches.
I agree, you are definitely right. Thanks for that great idea. I wish, in the near future, that the manufacturers of storage supplies will make a holder that has a card sleeve inside. They will fit perfectly and they will look like a BGS slab. Cards without sleeves seem to get some damage as time passes by. The surface damage is the reason (only if you move your collection oftenly). Cards in magnetic holders or PSA slabs will get tremendous damage on the edges on earthquake prone areas, like California. Wink
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

+1

(03-21-2012, 01:39 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: I agree, you are definitely right. Thanks for that great idea. I wish, in the near future, that the manufacturers of storage supplies will make a holder that has a card sleeve inside. They will fit perfectly and they will look like a BGS slab. Cards without sleeves seem to get some damage as time passes by. The surface damage is the reason (only if you move your collection oftenly). Cards in magnetic holders or PSA slabs will get tremendous damage on the edges on earthquake prone areas, like California. Wink

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

I love the magnetic onetouch holders. Only problem for me, is trying to figure out correct size for each card. At one point, I wrote them down in a notebook, but over the years.. I lost track & stopped doing it.

I hate when two cards from the same product/set... don't fit in the same size holder... the cards appear to be the same size when looking at them side by side or stacking on top of each other...

buying holders at your LCS can get expensive, if you are buying them at $1.50-1.75 each.. I recommend buying online. You just have to decide how many of each size you need. For me, this is where I always get lost... & buy the wrong sizes. I want to keep an extra 5-10 of each size at home.. so I can place my mail day cards in them.. since seller always intend to put tape on the holders, which I hate.. especially packing tape, which is very hard to get off. I want all my cards in nice clear, scratch free, holders.

Yes, I agree that the holder CC size should be stamped/etched into the top or bottom of the holder.

CON - If you drop your card, there is a good chance that the magnet pops open & ding your card gets a huge dent. That is BAD!... to stop this from happening, because any one of us or our kids could accidently drop one, I put them in a teambag & add a piece of household scotch tape to the top of the team bag. I don't take off the adhesive tape that is already on the teambags. I've tried using the graded bags, but I don't like the extra space on the left/right of the holder. plus, they don't fit in the cardboard shoe boxes nicely.

I started storing all my cards in shoe boxes, then typing up what type of cards are stored in it & taping it to the top of the box.
[Image: IMG_3839.jpg][Image: IMG_3840.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3838.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3836.jpg]
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

You can buy some graded card boxes. Yup, the graded card sleeve does have too much extra space on the sides. If you won't use it, maybe you can use bubble wrap and cut them in size and put that in between the magnetic holders when you are placing them in the box that you currently use. That will prevent any scratches and it will also be a cushion for the front and back of these magnetic holders. Let me know if you like that idea.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?