`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ebay feedback opinion

RE: Ebay feedback opinion
For lower value cards unless you want to pay $3 shipping I think shipping in a PWE is fine as long as it has a toploader. there comes a point where you can't justify the cost of buying a '12 Topps Matt Kemp card if you have to pay over $2 in shipping to get to you...

Now if you are talking GU/Auto or expensive cards then yes PWE is out of the question. As a seller you just need to look at what you are selling and see what makes the most sense to do.

For any buyer dinging a seller on free shipping with a .99 auction...keep in mind the costs it would take to ship should that come in a bubble mailer...you are looking at 1.95 (or 1.64 if you use paypal label things) + any additional fees.

As long as it gets there safe what should it matter how it got there?

(03-16-2012, 12:05 PM)rrd111 Wrote: As long as it gets there safe what should it matter how it got there?
That's the key. If it doesn't arrive safe, it's up to the seller to make it good. If it arrives in the condition I'm expecting, I don't care if someone puts a stamp on a penny sleeve.

Well any seller in general should be doing that anyway...regardless of how an item is shipped.

Why leave neutral? You didn't pay for shipping and you got the item you actually bid on/purchased, I'm assuming, in the advertised condition. Leave feedback based on the item you paid for.

If the card is in the condition you wanted then it is not like telling a dog to play in traffic until it gets hit because life is not a metaphor you are dealing with reality and the reality of the situation is his shipping method worked. You're wanting to punish someone for a "what if," that's your hang up, ha ha, just don't buy from him again and you don't have to take the perceived risk.

I mean on his end he could be pondering "what if" it arrives in perfect condition. Your what if against his, his what if won.

(03-16-2012, 07:43 AM)jtraven42 Wrote: So I bought a card that had free shipping. It was sent in a PWE with a taped toploader. This was not stated in the item description. Since the seller only had a feedback of 28, I sent him an email stating that I could only leave him a neutral because of his shipping methods. I further explained the inherent risks of doing so. His take was that if the card wasn't damaged, then it should be okay to use a PWE. In my mind, that's like saying it's okay to let your dog play in traffic because he hasn't gotten hurt yet. He further stated that all of the cards he's bought on ebay came in a taped toploader with a PWE. That's when I smelled a rat, because almost NONE of the hundreds of transactions I've done on ebay have come in a PWE.
I think I'm going to leave him a neutral simply because he refuses to acknowledge the problem with shipping to buyers on a PWE.
Gentlemen, thoughts?
Is the card in the condition advertised? Then he deserves positive feedback in my book. If someone tells me a card in NM/MT and she throws it at me, as long as it is in NM/Mt when I pick it up, I got exactly what I asked for.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

You got free shipping and you got what you wanted. Positive feedback end of story. If the card was damaged its on the seller to make it right. Paypal will back the buyer up.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

I know that when I used to work for my family's shop, people would want to send money orders or cash and SASEs for single, common cards. We would take the PWE to the counter and have it hand stamped, meaning it would be treated like a bubble mailer and be hand sorted instead of going through the sorting machine that letters did, reducing chance of damage.
Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!

(03-17-2012, 09:29 AM)ozzieguillen13 Wrote: I know that when I used to work for my family's shop, people would want to send money orders or cash and SASEs for single, common cards. We would take the PWE to the counter and have it hand stamped, meaning it would be treated like a bubble mailer and be hand sorted instead of going through the sorting machine that letters did, reducing chance of damage.
PWE with the hand stamped Fragile (in red color).
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?