`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pete rose and Cal Ripken jr.

RE: Pete rose and Cal Ripken jr.
(03-16-2012, 10:55 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: "As the plastic they will be encased in will be worth more then the cards themselves."

Wink
so will the penny sleeves lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Thats the problem with these reality shows about cards comming out now. There will be a big wave of non-collectors who will dig up some 80's-90's stuff and think they have gold when its really pyrite.

I thought it was funny on Storage Wars, Jerrod found some cards in a locker and took one look, said 80's-90's, way too many made to be worth anything and tossed them on the ground.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket
Smile 
(03-16-2012, 02:39 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: so will the penny sleeves lol
in my humble opinion, all cards deserve a penny sleeve. Wink

(03-16-2012, 03:37 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Thats the problem with these reality shows about cards comming out now. There will be a big wave of non-collectors who will dig up some 80's-90's stuff and think they have gold when its really pyrite.

I thought it was funny on Storage Wars, Jerrod found some cards in a locker and took one look, said 80's-90's, way too many made to be worth anything and tossed them on the ground.
Storage Wars are not collectors. They don't truly understand the real meaning of cards to the true collectors. They see money, they only see that. They are the equivalent of card flippers and the only thing they know is what the pocket or wallet dictates. Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

Ohhh mann,
I just feel like apologizing right now if i did post a horrible thread.
I can explain though,I always been a big fan of sports but never collected cards and etc.
But when i was young, An old man gave me a box of cards and i found it pretty cool. I saved them for a 5-6 years and just like 2-3 months ago,I was looking through the players and found some good players.
Like the 2 cards i posted.

And someone told me i have to be 18 and older which i am.
Smile 
(03-16-2012, 10:05 PM)Lucajsfinest Wrote: Ohhh mann,
I just feel like apologizing right now if i did post a horrible thread.
I can explain though,I always been a big fan of sports but never collected cards and etc.
But when i was young, An old man gave me a box of cards and i found it pretty cool. I saved them for a 5-6 years and just like 2-3 months ago,I was looking through the players and found some good players.
Like the 2 cards i posted.

And someone told me i have to be 18 and older which i am.
Scan of the birth certificate? Wink Nah, just messing brah. Smile

lmao.....

it kills me now when people say 'old' cards and it turns out to be 80's and 90's cards
Smile 
(03-17-2012, 02:01 AM)Vols-1 Wrote: it kills me now when people say 'old' cards and it turns out to be 80's and 90's cards
let's wait to see that the 90's will be called vintage in the beckett trade threads... Big Grin