`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: selling on Ebay (not sports cards) need advice!

OT: selling on Ebay (not sports cards) need advice!
I have about 3 large storage totes of die cast cars in my attic and have done some searching on ebay under the completed auctions, but wasn't able to find all of the ones I have.

I have never sold anything on ebay before and wanted to get an idea of what the best way to sell them would be: either individually or in a lot. I have one corvette complete set series 1-4 that I'll definitely sell as a lot, but I have about 30 others that I could list individual or in lots. I want to move them quickly, but I don't want to just give them away either. Should I put them up for auction or BIN??? I'm sure I have more questions, but if I can find out about the individual vs. lot and auction vs. BIN that will help out a lot.

I can try to get some scans up in case anyone here is intersted in buying them or at least just looking at them, Smile
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: OT: selling on Ebay (not sports cards) need advice!
(03-15-2012, 04:50 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: I have about 3 large storage totes of die cast cars in my attic and have done some searching on ebay under the completed auctions, but wasn't able to find all of the ones I have. I have never sold anything on ebay before and wanted to get an idea of what the best way to sell them would be: either individually or in a lot. I have one corvette complete set series 1-4 that I'll definitely sell as a lot, but I have about 30 others that I could list individual or in lots. I want to move them quickly, but I don't want to just give them away either. Should I put them up for auction or BIN??? I'm sure I have more questions, but if I can find out about the individual vs. lot and auction vs. BIN that will help out a lot. I can try to get some scans up in case anyone here is intersted in buying them or at least just looking at them, Smile
The easiest way I would say is to try a lot and do the make me an offer option. It costs like .50 to list it that way. Seperate would get more money but would be a pain to ship em sepertate. Thats just my .02 cents.

If at all possible I'd put them up in lots by series or make/model for instance Mustang, Chevy, etc....

If you PM me pics and info of the ones you couldn't find I might be able to help you out. I was into diecast for about 10 years or so.

(03-15-2012, 05:03 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: If at all possible I'd put them up in lots by series or make/model for instance Mustang, Chevy, etc....

If you PM me pics and info of the ones you couldn't find I might be able to help you out. I was into diecast for about 10 years or so.
thanks. I will try to remember to send you some pics when I get them down from the attic soon. I told my wife I could sell some if we were to have a yard sale this spring, so maybe I can unload some then too.

I know the corvette set I have was not on ebay when I last checked. I believe the brand is ertl collectibles? I'll have to get them down to be sure.

still trying to decide/ need some advice. thanks!

anybody today have some advice or suggestions on what I should do????

still looking for some advice on the subject. let me know if you can help!!!

If you list as a lot make sure to have pictures of everything you are listing...the more pictures you have the better you are at getting a higher price IMO

(03-21-2012, 03:36 PM)rrd111 Wrote: If you list as a lot make sure to have pictures of everything you are listing...the more pictures you have the better you are at getting a higher price IMO
thanks for that. yea, I do plan to have lots of pics of what I'll be selling.