`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Series 2 Canvas question

Series 2 Canvas question
Are the canvas programme of excellence like a Young Gun rarity? I haven't seen anyone post any in their breaks that I have looked at. Was just wondering as I pulled one today.

RE: Series 2 Canvas question
They are pretty rare. I pulled a Couturier POE Canvas yesterday.

While Im asking series 2 questions... I noticed there are a lot of the same Game Jerseys in series 2 that there are in series 1. The actual card numbers are the same, although in the organize it says "GJ2-LE" for instance instead of "GL-LE". Obviously on the bottom of the card in the back it says "Upper Deck Series 2 Hockey", is this the only difference? And if so, either way, why make 2 of the same player I dont understand. There are plenty of players not in the Jerseys set in series 1 that could be in series 2, instead we have duplicates? Whhhhy?

I know what you mean about the same people having jerseys in Series 1 and in Series 2. They could have split some of the stars up between the series. I'm know I will have a difficult time finding the Crosby from S2 as it was inserted only 1 in 4300 packs Sad Also the POE are inserted at a 1 in 192 packs so they are much harder to pull than the Canvas YGs and Canvas Retired Stars.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

(03-14-2012, 03:44 PM)dragik Wrote: While Im asking series 2 questions... I noticed there are a lot of the same Game Jerseys in series 2 that there are in series 1. The actual card numbers are the same, although in the organize it says "GJ2-LE" for instance instead of "GL-LE". Obviously on the bottom of the card in the back it says "Upper Deck Series 2 Hockey", is this the only difference? And if so, either way, why make 2 of the same player I dont understand. There are plenty of players not in the Jerseys set in series 1 that could be in series 2, instead we have duplicates? Whhhhy?
Who truly knows what upper deck is thinking as far as jersey cards, but the canvas cards seem to have been a good decision.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

For instance there is a Lidstrom game used jersey in series 1, and now there is another one in series 2. I don't have the lidstrom to compare either way thats just my example.

(03-14-2012, 03:58 PM)pens1fan Wrote: I know what you mean about the same people having jerseys in Series 1 and in Series 2. They could have split some of the stars up between the series. I'm know I will have a difficult time finding the Crosby from S2 as it was inserted only 1 in 4300 packs Sad Also the POE are inserted at a 1 in 192 packs so they are much harder to pull than the Canvas YGs and Canvas Retired Stars.
The retired stars are also 1:192 packs same as POE.

(03-14-2012, 06:06 PM)dragik Wrote: For instance there is a Lidstrom game used jersey in series 1, and now there is another one in series 2. I don't have the lidstrom to compare either way thats just my example.
Oh thats an easy one, the one from series one is white and the one from series 2 is white.......lol

(03-14-2012, 06:06 PM)dragik Wrote: For instance there is a Lidstrom game used jersey in series 1, and now there is another one in series 2. I don't have the lidstrom to compare either way thats just my example.
The one in series 1 has him in his Road White jersey in the photo, and series 2 has him in the Home Red jersey

ok, well i guess i can deal with that... but still, there are plenty of players they could have substituted in there instead of making 2 of the same player, no?