1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

RE: To be a better person...or not
We're quite fond of you as well.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

i would not say a word and get it cheap, cause if i where to list one like that i would to say its to bad on my part and should have reread what i put up there

so i say again get it cheap if you can

that's kinda my thoughts too. If i were to make the mistake and somebody took advantage of me, than so be it. its my fault. good for them for getting a card so cheap. I think mainly i was super bored and with all my trades 'waiting for a response' i really over thought it.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

Take it at the lower price, inform him he made might have made a mistake and offer to make up a portion of the difference.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

(03-13-2012, 02:58 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: So, I'm torn inside between doing what's right and doing what is most beneficial to myself. I'll explain.

In searching to find a card that i need to complete my set (a high value card), i see it listed on a selling site as a wrong year in the title. However, the picture and everything else in the description lists it as the right card. (no where else is a year posted) It states that its a 2004-05 RC card, however, his rookie year was 2003-04. The picture is a 2003-04 rookie card. The number listed in the description lists the set as a 2003-04 card. Currently its at .99 with 1 bid. This is insane if the card goes for anything cheaper than 30. The guy listing it should know better. over 5000 in feedback and many other cards listed. But its a simple error.
I almost emailed him pointing this out, but than i thought, its a dog eat dog world. He should know better, right? I could get this card for a dollar. I could swipe it out from under his feet. Survival of the fittest. But than i feel guilty. What if it was a simple error. What if it was an honest mistake. He could make a ton more money if i point it out (if somebody has not already pointed it out)
but than he could end the auction and re list it correctly and than i'd now have to pay probably 30 or more for this card. I debated on even making a post on this. But, I figure if the mass of people tell me what do to, I will go with whatever is decided....even if its a BAAAAAAAAAd (get it?) one. Than i can pawn the guilt off.
I try to be as honest as i can as a collector both trading and selling. I'd be so thankful if somebody knew better and pointed it out to me that my card could go for 30 more dollars than what its at. Now granted, 30 dollars is not a huge amount of money, but its the principal of the matter. Plus, i dont really sell cards so 30 dollars to spend on cards would be awesome.
I also tend to live in fantasy land. I think to myself, 'well, he's a huge collector/seller so 30 dollars wouldn't seem like a big deal to him. Maybe if i point it out, he'd be thankful that somebody did the right thing and give it to me anyway' but than i think to myself 'how many good people are there out in this world? there's people that would scam anybody so do i really want to trust this person that they are that generous and possible lose out on 30 or more dollars trying to snag this card?"

Oh what to do...what to do. Too bad we can't start polls on threads. It'd be fun to do.
I know when I do searches. I just do player names. So I wouldn't actually think it to much of a mistake. NOW if the players NAME was wrong. THAT is something you wanna swoop in on.

buuuuuuuy it

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

GET THE CARD
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

pm the seller and let him know its the wrong year

and still place a bit on it...

i did that with 1 ITG card guy put a jersey which was out of 60 but it really was a patch card out of 10.... so i had to let the guy know, the seller thank me for it too
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Bid what you're willing to pay for it. You're probably not the only person who's seen this - I can't tell you how many times I've seen cards bid up dramatically in the last 5 seconds of the auction (I've put $200 bids on cards that were at $10 or less in the last 10 seconds of the auction and lost!). I'd be highly surprised if you're the only one who's seen this and you get it for .99 ...
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby