`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Questions about media influence on card prices

Questions about media influence on card prices
Does anyone else think that the media has a huge impact on card prices, look at Jeremy Lin he had a great couple of games and his prices skyrocket. Meanwhile you can't browse any sports related website and not find an article video or huge banner about Jeremy Lin.

On the other hand Ersan Ilyasova, can start producing at huge levels (without a glaring weakness) his prices don't rise, and meanwhile I bet half of NBA fans don't even know who this guy is or what he looks like because he gets no media attention.

look at this stat line 31 points 12 rebounds, 11-16 shooting 3-3 from deep 6-6 from the line 0 turnovers.

Is he not getting the attention Lin was because he plays in small market, is it because he's not a guard. It just baffles me.

RE: Questions about media influence on card prices
lin didnt get attention because of 1 game
he an asian guard
he plays in the cathedral of hoops
he came out of nowhere, after not making it with a few teams
he went to harvard
he actually set RECORDS
you can easily pronounce lin's name

there are many factors that made the lin scenario unique. partner that with the factors, he got both media attention and collector attention

ersan has had a nice 3 game run, in his 4th season in the league. guys on bad teams can put up lots of numbers (the shareef abdul-rahim effect)

Ersan is on the bucks...so yeah nobody cares about him and he's been in the league for awhile.

Ersan is good. It is true what everyone else said. Although, he has had more than 3 good games this season. Also, some of Ersans card prices are high already. I grabbed several a while back just in case he does get popular. Most likely will never be close to the Lin hype though. I still believe the Linsanity will have a secondary run but not as big as the first. Remember the knicks were the 8th seed afer the last lockout, and made it to the finals. History could repeat itself.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(03-12-2012, 11:31 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: lin didnt get attention because of 1 game
he an asian guard
he plays in the cathedral of hoops
he came out of nowhere, after not making it with a few teams
he went to harvard
he actually set RECORDS
you can easily pronounce lin's name

there are many factors that made the lin scenario unique. partner that with the factors, he got both media attention and collector attention

ersan has had a nice 3 game run, in his 4th season in the league. guys on bad teams can put up lots of numbers (the shareef abdul-rahim effect)
What he said. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

True, Lin does play in the basketball mecca. So obviously he will get a lot of limelight - especially due to the vast improvement of the team since he was given regular minutes. Will they make it to the finals like the 98/99 knicks? Play-offs, yes. Finals - no. You have to remember who the emotional driving force for the 98/99 knicks was - the indomitable Patrick Ewing. He played that season, hobble by injuries and the run to the finals was moreso for him than anything else. Todays knicks haven't got the same type of character as a whole nor do they have a Ewing-Type personality. there's no one on the team who will take them on their shoulders and carry them.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

While Linsanity was going on and he was putting up his numbers, Nikola Pekovic put up as good if not better numbers for a longer period of time (still is), but for the reasons mentioned above, does not get the attention Lin did.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.