`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay selling help

Ebay selling help
I recently just started selling a few of my cards to help support my cardboard addiction. My question to you is...
I recently sold a card and the buyer is international( i only ship US)and their in the UK. They also immediatly sent me an email after the auction ended saying that they cant afford the card because they have no money. I attempted to cancel the transaction thru Ebay and it was immediatly declined from the purchaser!
What do I do? Im a failry new seller and has never experienced this before.

RE: Ebay selling help
Ask ebay.

(03-12-2012, 10:11 AM)jacobpc Wrote: I recently just started selling a few of my cards to help support my cardboard addiction. My question to you is...
I recently sold a card and the buyer is international( i only ship US)and their in the UK. They also immediatly sent me an email after the auction ended saying that they cant afford the card because they have no money. I attempted to cancel the transaction thru Ebay and it was immediatly declined from the purchaser!
What do I do? Im a failry new seller and has never experienced this before.
Open an unpaid claim with eBay and keep all relevant documentation to support it. Sounds like they found the same card cheaper and were bidding on multiple auctions and either forgot to cancel the bid on your card or they going to pull this act with you. The immediacy of the email after the auction makes me suspicious. Best of luck.

Also, if you don't want to ship internationally, choose that when you are listing the item. International bidders won't be able to bid at all on your auctions. Less headaches.

And definitely open an unpaid claim with eBay after 4 days of the auction ending. You will have to wait a few more days, but if the buyer doesn't pay, you can get your listing fees back and then re-list the item.

(03-12-2012, 10:49 AM)motu79 Wrote: Also, if you don't want to ship internationally, choose that when you are listing the item. International bidders won't be able to bid at all on your auctions. Less headaches.

And definitely open an unpaid claim with eBay after 4 days of the auction ending. You will have to wait a few more days, but if the buyer doesn't pay, you can get your listing fees back and then re-list the item.
I did indicate that i only ship US. yet still they were able to bid and win the auction.

(03-12-2012, 02:52 PM)jacobpc Wrote: I did indicate that i only ship US. yet still they were able to bid and win the auction.
You'd be surprised at home many people don't read the description. I've got a clear combined shipping policy in my description and I get messages all the time asking if I combine shipping.

Next time, when you set up a new auction, select No International Shipping under the shipping guidelines. Hope that helps.