`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my humble display shelf is coming along

my humble display shelf is coming along
So many of you know that I just got back into collecting a couple of months ago. A great majority of my card collection went to my 7 year old son. The most of my "good" cards, I traded for Chicago Cubs game used and autos, again for my son. So I have just a handful of PC cards, plus a hundred or so of my favorite boyhood players (Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, Ryne Sandberg). Now I am moving onto racing, and am looking forward to it.

I work from home (corporate medical insurance broker), and currently have a makeshift office in the basement...more of a corner of the basement with a huge desk set. I'm putting my wife through college (again). She stayed at home most of the last 10 years after graduating with a degree in Pyschology. She will be finished up with her BSN and will be an RN in August. And for the first time in my life, we'll have two incomes, which with a 7 and 9 year old, will be fantastic. So we will be moving to a larger house this fall, with an actualy office...walls, door and all! A lot of what I am doing with my collecting is a start to really make my office a place I want to be.... I have a ton of old trophys, mini bats, hats, picture albums from my childhood that will go on display. I also love fishing, and have a nice collection of art, books and gear that will make a nice display.

But for now, I have one small bookshelf (my 6 others are full of crap...you know what I mean) that I have to make due with for my collection....here it is.

Bottom shelf is my dad's old catchers mit, a Cooperstown coffe-table book that my grandpa gave me when I was a kid and some balls from my playing days and from the teams I have coached of my son.

Middle Shelf are my Carl ars, and then my small baseball PC (Aparicio gu, Darwin Barney gu, Joe Mauer patch, Harold Baines gu, Peyton Manning gu, Frank Thomas gu, Robin Ventura gu, Ryne Sandburg rc, Greg Maddux rc, 1956 Topps Aparicio rc) I still have some cards coming in trades that will go here.

The top shelf I have my 2 race used Carl cards, and my Carl auto. The binder has all of my other Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, Ryne Sandberg and growing Carl Edwards/cool Nascar cards. Also I have my 2011 Kimball Champions set-in-progress. Every day I can turn to a different page.

Thought I would share. I would love to see some of yours!

Photobucket
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

RE: my humble display shelf is coming along
Very cool! It's fun to watch the displays grow and grow!
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

Looks good! Need to get those cars out of there thoughSmile

Looks similar to mine, I have 2, 3 shelf books cases that I use for my stuff. 4 of the 6 shelves contain cards the other 2 contain random Twins items that I have. One of the shelves that has cards on it only has 7 cards though
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(03-09-2012, 11:38 AM)mgruber2 Wrote: Looks good! Need to get those cars out of there thoughSmile
yeah...those cars are out of place since that is my baseball shelf...When I have my office, I'll have one shelf for baseball, and one for racing/football I think.

I traded a Thomas Tin sign like that to someone recently. Was it you?

(03-09-2012, 12:00 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: I traded a Thomas Tin sign like that to someone recently. Was it you?
I bet it was, I'd have to look through trades, but I got it probably Dec/Jan....LOVE that thing. If I had more money/trade I would try to collect the set.

I think I still have a couple left so let me know if you do.

Nice looking display. That's a great idea for a thread, it's always nice to see what other people are putting together. The wife let me have the spare bedroom so I've been in the process of getting all my stuff set up and on the walls. I'll have to post some pics when it all comes together.
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.