`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Ice Cold Right Now ... Anyone Else Have This Problem?

RE: I Am Ice Cold Right Now ... Anyone Else Have This Problem?
Ill join you in the IGLOO LOL i have been in a pretty deep freeze myself lately. i would say take a break then come back. If you go to hobby, you MIGHT get a good hit. But doest always work out that way. You may get a Delone Carter on card as your hit and still be miffed.

At first, I thought you may have been talkin about sales, cuz if ya were, I'd say I couldn't sell a smell to a shoe right now.

I stopped buying retail for one reason only: TOO MUCH BASE CRAP! Not worth it to me to buy ten blasters only to get a few 5 dollar jersey cards. Plus, with all the base I end up with...well, let's just say I'm trying to avoid being the subject of the next episodes of Hoarders: Buried Alive Smile
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

The problem is, I'm NOT chasing hits ... just base cards!

Update ... five more blasters today (3/7, the 'official' release date) and finally pulled a Pujols in the third box ... so technically took me EIGHT blasters to pull one base card in a 220-card set.

I also pulled a Fantasy Squad insert of Pujols in his Angels uni, kind of a bonus for my time and trouble I guess.

Even though these will book for like $3, I'm putting them in magnet holders to remind me of the great chase and fiasco that this really was.

OK, I'm quitting for a nice, long time now. LOL

Where we live it was like that too. So, I just opened up a card shop Smile. You go through some ups and a lot of downs with retail. There is still some hope though. One of my customers brought in a retail rack pack of 2011 topps chrome a few weeks ago. He pulled a Randal Cobb Auto Gold refractor /10 redemption Smile Hang in there!
[Image: opctif.jpg]

(03-07-2012, 08:53 PM)cullmansportscards Wrote: Where we live it was like that too. So, I just opened up a card shop Smile. You go through some ups and a lot of downs with retail. There is still some hope though. One of my customers brought in a retail rack pack of 2011 topps chrome a few weeks ago. He pulled a Randal Cobb Auto Gold refractor /10 redemption Smile Hang in there!
Yeah, thanks ... I'm good now. Pulled the Pujols yesterday after eight blasters. And yes, it's in a magnet holder to commemorate the chase/fiasco of it all. LOL

with the price a guy sales his cards at my LCS I get ripped off everything I walk in there.. one box of precision he charges $320.00 and around 80 for a mini box with four cards in it! I can get the exact box from blowout for 145.00 dollars.. I just order from blowout.. nuff said lol
[Image: ojmagg.png]
Bucket: http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40...l%20cards/
Help Me Build These Rainbows. Trading in your favor!
http://photobucket.com/Rainbowset

(03-08-2012, 08:49 PM)chaseonbase Wrote: with the price a guy sales his cards at my LCS I get ripped off everything I walk in there.. one box of precision he charges $320.00 and around 80 for a mini box with four cards in it! I can get the exact box from blowout for 145.00 dollars.. I just order from blowout.. nuff said lol
My closest LCS is a pretty good one, problem is it's like 30 minutes away. But the owner is a good guy and trades really well on singles, obviously for stuff he can sell.

He traded me a Matthew Stafford Contenders RC before the season started for a decent lot of Blake Griffin rookies ... stuff like that.

His prices are average but he's got a good selection, and anything he doesn't have he'll pick up a box or two for you with slim profit margin (might mark it up $5 or $10 for his time/trouble, no big deal).

But, it's hard for me to get over there because I watch my daughter during the day and work at night.