`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps Chrome Red Refractor Serial # Issue?

2011 Topps Chrome Red Refractor Serial # Issue?
Hi all,

I never post but curious if anyone else has encountered this issue prior, over the weekend I pulled a 2011 Topps Chrome Red Refractor of Alex Rodriguez Serial #22/25, great pull right....however, I noticed that the serial number was appearing through the back to the front of the card, you can't make out the number clearly as if you were looking at the back of the card but you can see the dark outline of 22/25. I'm bummed, this would I'm assuming ruin a good surface grade on a beautiful and rare A-rod pull. Has anyone else encountered this with the Red or other 2011 Topps serial numbered refractors from this set?

Thanks.

RE: 2011 Topps Chrome Red Refractor Serial # Issue?
I bet you could still get close to the same value of a normal card if you sold it, do you have a scan?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

would like to see a scan

Scan doesn't show it at all...only when you look with the human eye, but as I said, it's still there, as far as selling it goes, I have to be honest and let people know it's there, just the way I am, my luck someone would see it and point it out.

I am holding my 2011 Topps Chrome Julio Teheran Red Refractor auto, and I cannot see the serial-number through the front of the card. I looked at every angle and in bright light and dim. Sorry that yours does that, but as others said, I doubt it hurts the value very much
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

Thanks for the input gentlemen....it's funny..I had it on Ebay and someone told me they were interested but to check for it as they had issues w/some red ones they purchased. I was shocked when I checked and saw they weren't kidding..my luck I guess. I may check w/Beckett to see if they've encountered this in grading.