`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 topps cards missing name

2012 topps cards missing name
Did a quick search and nothing came up so I'm posting. Apologies if this has already come up.

I broke my first jumbo box of the year this weekend and found a few interesting cards. I received six cards, all in one pack and all together, that did not have a name printed on them. See pic. You can see an indentation where the machine tried to print it but must have run out of ink (the Freeman card shows a little chrome at the bottom of the name). Are these error cards? Do you think they will be worth anything? Or are these just duds? None of these is a big name guy except maybe Freddie Freeman. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!

Matt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 2012 topps cards missing name
considered a print flaw, not an error. hurts the value

scans dont show....i would like to see scans.....interested in the freeman
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Just missed a part of the printing process-- Topps may replace them if you want. I have seen a lot of them on Ebay this year. Way more than you usually see. May even try to put a set together.

Only premium to a collector of the player or team, and that premium will not be much, just a printing error.

Got some of these last year, but the topps logo was missing. Got 2 Poseys and sold one for a nice chunk o change ! Guess the value is in the eye of the collector on these !

Thanks for the responses fellas. Sounds about what I predicted. I'm not really in it for the money, more in it for myself and encouragement for my son. If anyone wants them I'll give them away (just pay for shipping). Send me a PM. If the scans aren't showing up send me a PM and I'll send you a pic.

Matt

(03-04-2012, 08:30 PM)Jakelovescards Wrote: Got some of these last year, but the topps logo was missing. Got 2 Poseys and sold one for a nice chunk o change ! Guess the value is in the eye of the collector on these !
I have a 1998 Topps Gold Label Mariano Rivera where the Topps Label was missing from the gold cloud where it should be. I remember that the dealer I got it from at a card show in Atlanta gave it to me for free.

I actually had this problem with the 2007 topps, they seemed to be really bad that year. I probably have a stack of 20-50 cards that only had partial or zero gold stamping on the name. I haven't noticed it being nearly as bad since but maybe I've just been lucky
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.