`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Show pick-ups FT

RE: Card Show pick-ups FT
(03-04-2012, 05:56 PM)james lacroix Wrote: Haven't been to a card show since the 80's. Are you able to negotiate better deals at the shows these days than you can get on the bay?
It goes both ways. On some stuff I end up paying BV. On other stuff I pay 15%. It never hurts to ask for a break. Especially if you're buying a good number of cards. If I see that the guy's price is fair, I leave it alone. If he's asking close to book, I'll take into account whether it's a card that sells particularly well. If not, I'll see what he's willing to do. Sometimes, I'll pay sticker on the $25 card and see if he'll throw in a handful of $1-3 cards that he's otherwise have a tough time selling.

In any event, I always enjoy going. You should check it out. It's nice to be able to actually see what you're getting with no eBay surprises.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(03-04-2012, 06:26 PM)uvaspina Wrote: It goes both ways. On some stuff I end up paying BV. On other stuff I pay 15%. It never hurts to ask for a break. Especially if you're buying a good number of cards. If I see that the guy's price is fair, I leave it alone. If he's asking close to book, I'll take into account whether it's a card that sells particularly well. If not, I'll see what he's willing to do. Sometimes, I'll pay sticker on the $25 card and see if he'll throw in a handful of $1-3 cards that he's otherwise have a tough time selling.

In any event, I always enjoy going. You should check it out. It's nice to be able to actually see what you're getting with no eBay surprises.

There was one guy who use to set up at Gibraltar and he always asked for BV on everything.......he didn't last too long.....and he would complain about other dealers undercutting him...........lol
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

Check me for the Jeter's if still available please
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

(03-04-2012, 08:00 PM)tperks76 Wrote: Check me for the Jeter's if still available please
Thanks, but they're pending with Elberson.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(03-04-2012, 08:24 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Thanks, but they're pending with Elberson.
No sweat, if something falls through let me know.
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

please check me for the ortiz auto
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo