`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Yay! Spring training's here!!!

Yay! Spring training's here!!!
Attended opening day for spring training in Florida at the Rays vs. Twins game. Off to a great start, already burnt to a crisp. lol... Was able to get a few autos too so that was great. Got Ben Zobrist for my 2012 team ball and Joe Maddon for my 2011 team ball! Also got cards signed by Stephen Vogt (2 of em), Elliot Johnson and Chris Parmelee of the Twins. I pretty much focused on Rays players today and they were somewhat tough to get for some reason. All in all not too bad though, Maddon's been a tough one for me so that was great to finally get him. B.J. Upton is looking great and had a good start, guess someone's lookin to get paid after the year. Price looked pretty good and Joyce cranked one out in his only at bat. From the Twins, Span played well and so did Mauer and Morneau, be huge if they can get those two to return to form. Next game I'll be attending is Monday, O's @ Rays, will be the start of a weeklong spring training road trip with a game each day. Thank goodness for spring break!

RE: Yay! Spring training's here!!!
I gotta get down to Arizona sometime soon...
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

3 games on MLB Network today. They'll be on while I'm getting stuff done around the house today. Oh happiness!
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

been waiting a long time!.. Only bad part was seeing my Braves almost get no hit in their first ST game. maybe they come out blazin today.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

yay indeed!!

I know it's only spring training, but I really enjoyed watching the Yankees beat the Phillies the last two days. I think they have one more game today. Go Yankees! Then again, I have also noticed that when the Yankees have a bad spring training, it seems they win the Pennant and most times the World Series.

I took my two young daughters out the the White Sox & Dodgers fanfest here in Glendale AZ. They got a total of 56 auto's on four baseballs. I had fun watching them cut in lines to get them all, nobody told the 5 yr old girl to get in the back of the line.

The owner of the advertising agency that I used to work at spend a month in Arizona with his wife every March specifically for Spring Training. I think one the reasons I took the job is that I wanted to work for a guy who's (self admitted even) office looks more like a 12-year-old boys bedroom. He had the MOST impressive on-baseball autograph collection I have ever seen. Not to mention his gorgeous collection of stadium prints, hats, game-used bats. Just amazing. He's in his 70s, and as of a year ago, he'd e-mail all of the employees every single day about his new autographs that he got at the games.

Something about this game that just makes you feel like a kid every time you smell the grass of a ball field!
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

(03-05-2012, 11:35 AM)ryancholden Wrote: Something about this game that just makes you feel like a kid every time you smell the grass of a ball field!
I agree with you 100%!

It feels so good to be able to see some box scores and know the boys are back playing ball...
[Image: arod.gif]