Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
No more excuses....just be honest
Smile 
RE: No more excuses....just be honest
(03-02-2012, 04:19 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Once isn't bad, but every time is an issue.
Gotcha! Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

What I don't understand is how guys can find time to negotiate for days but can't find time to ship.
What I see ere are the known sle shippers responding and feeling the need to defend and you guys aren't the ones making excuses. Your the ones being honest and communicating.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Hey...where's my '93 Finest Refractor of Frank Thomas you owe me since Jul 2010? What's your excuse this time around?

Big Grin

Yeah, I also want honesty, not selfishness.

Click above to see my GQ leather minis (162/350) - Updated 03/01/13
WANTED: 1978 Tigers Team Issue Set, 2007 Fleer Mini Die Cuts Gold #216 Magglio Ordonez

Yeah, greed and selfishness are some of the reasons why some of us are turned off in trading. Don't mention buying a card for a steal, lmao. Finally, don't mention those sellers who want dollars more than cards. Wink

to the "i work 16 hrs a week"
post office has automated machines that are open 24 hours and the post office-
no excuse-

also- i would LOVE to trade on here, but i dont. because im not protected. i think there are a few guys on here i would, but it's just so risky. ill continue to sell and fish the bay.

its stories like these that have kept me from trading at beckett

(03-02-2012, 04:28 PM)frostycollects Wrote: Hey...where's my '93 Finest Refractor of Frank Thomas you owe me since Jul 2010? What's your excuse this time around?

Big Grin

Yeah, I also want honesty, not selfishness.
I was wondering the same about my Gypsy Queen Leather you owed me.

(03-02-2012, 04:36 PM)mikmouse24 Wrote: to the "i work 16 hrs a week"
no excuse-

also- i would LOVE to trade on here, but i dont. because im not protected. i think there are a few guys on here i would, but it's just so risky. ill continue to sell and fish the bay.

Man 90% of us are good people and you should really reconsider. I'm not telling you not to trade, I've never really been burned but it takes some time with some guys. I am just tired of excuses. Honesty isn't a hard thing.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(03-02-2012, 04:16 PM)john1580 Wrote: working 16 hour days for seven days a week ?
i do that. i dont think ive ever taken more than a couple days to get a trade out. (though i admit my 16 hours is more flexible than most folks that work 16)

but if you do work 16/7, there are still options, and if you cant avail yourself of those options, than you shouldnt be trading. if you do trade, it should be made clear upfront that you will be taking a couple weeks, in which case, the other trader should be under no obligation to send their end until you do, and have given a dc number to show it has been shipped
Smile 
no excuse-

Not just Beckett but any other buy/sell/trade sites out there. You can be the risk taker and make some awesome deals and sometimes you can be a non-risk taker and eventually miss the cards you wanted/needed for your PC. Just saying and thanks for reading. Smile

Im gonna be honest, i have had only good experiences here.

Even had a couple really high dollar trades.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

no excuse-
living in podunk Iowa and a similar sized town in Alaska these are non existent. Don't get me wrong I've been accused for all mentioned above. not this thread topic because it happens but a couple of the other fist pumpers here actually irritate me a little. i, like john don't have an opportunity to hit the PO during normal business hours and the "no excuses" guys kinda piss me off. I've had others drop packages off for me in the past and it hasn't worked out well. ban me for what i care but the all or nothing attitude is bs.
people get burned.. it happens but the majority of us are good to decent and trying to keep a good name and feel responsible to it. it's a hobby.. not a lifestyle or a job
no org, please do not send trade requests