`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chat Room

Chat Room
I'm probably not the first person to come up with this but has there ever been serious consideration to adding a live chat room to this site. I think it would be much easier and more efficient to make trades that way than having to wait until someone comes back online to check their messages or follow all the different posts.

RE: Chat Room
Playing Devil's advocate here but they have to be on the site to chat, so how is that different than waiting for them to check their messages?

Big Grin forget chat room! let's have skype/face time on beckett! Big Grin
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

I like this idea actually. Yes the other person would have to be online, but instead of sending the trade back and forth you could discuss the legistics of the trade prior to sending. If the person was online, it would go a lot quicker and would be more interactive. Sending PMs back and forth works, but a chat would be more affective.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Very good and logical idea, but your forgeting this is beckett, they would charge an arm and leg for that. Wishful thinking tho

Never going to happen, been talked about before, just to much of a hassle for the Mods to moderate, and too much of a safety risk for the site, and they have enough problems trying to control that.

Besides chat rooms are antiquated, as is facebook, and myspace, and myyearbook, hi5, etc...,
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

+1 for chat rooms!!
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

Regardless of feasibility, I think it would be fun and expedite trades. Jeep1991, Nickm's response is precisely what I was thinking. Southpaugh, call me naive, but I was under the assumption a chat room is a pretty basic thing to program...am I wrong?

Yes, they are usually just software packages that you can attach to your existing forum. They do not take a lot of work to implement and they usually aren't moderated. The only real downfall is they typically utilize a lot of bandwidth.