`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question - More impressive collection?

RE: Question - More impressive collection?
I was looking at it more long term. Wouldn't it seem easier to recoup down the road with HOF? Just cause there are more collectors to buy.
I was just reading the posts. I think the guy stating to focus on duals is on to something. Why not collect autos of Ripken but focus hard on those with others of great status with him. Ex. A dual Ripken/Gehrig would be a great card. There are so many autos of him with other great players.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(03-02-2012, 10:08 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: I was looking at it more long term. Wouldn't it seem easier to recoup down the road with HOF? Just cause there are more collectors to buy.
I was just reading the posts. I think the guy stating to focus on duals is on to something. Why not collect autos of Ripken but focus hard on those with others of great status with him. Ex. A dual Ripken/Gehrig would be a great card. There are so many autos of him with other great players.
I did this with griffey. long term if its high quality i think yoyr good either way. maybe like other guy said, if nothing really peeks your interest ripken wise go Hof. Have to be happy with your collection. if u go about it as a investment doing it wrong. I do hof because im really enthralled with the history of the game and a lot of these guys are passed over or forgotten for the hot rookie or player of the moment
no org, please do not send trade requests

Yeah, not really going to ever sell the collection. More for show. I love the strategy of getting the Dual, Quad, etc. That way I kill two birds with one stone!

Thanks for all the input guys.
[Image: gYJFXps.png]

(03-02-2012, 10:27 AM)michaelstepper Wrote: I do hof because im really enthralled with the history of the game and a lot of these guys are passed over or forgotten for the hot rookie or player of the moment
I agree. I have been trying to get at least one autograph of each HOFer for years. I have over 50 different players and am still pursuing. Still need a Ripken. (hint hint)
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-02-2012, 03:13 PM)cmurphy342 Wrote: Yeah, not really going to ever sell the collection. More for show. I love the strategy of getting the Dual, Quad, etc. That way I kill two birds with one stone!

Thanks for all the input guys.

You say that, bu one day you'll look back and decide its gota go or be passed on. Then you'll wish you'd thought about that. Although not sure you can go wrong with your choices here.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(03-02-2012, 08:10 AM)michaelstepper Wrote: I think 400 of any particular player, if all different, is a HUGE accomplishment. take it from me.. no matter the situation your going to still collect your favorite player after a time. Cant stay away
This is 100% true, lol. I've tried to start collecting HOFers seriously a few times before and each time ended up trading them away for Posada's/Other yankee stuff I needed. I have however managed to build quite a nice start to an HOF auto PC this time, but recently traded away a Mays auto as part of a trade that included a Posada auto /5 I needed...just couldn't help myself
Collecting everything of Jorge Posada, especially these:

97 Flair Row 0 Legacy /100
97 Pinnacle Totally Certified Gold /30
97 Score Reserve (etched foil)
99 Bowman Chrome International Ref /100
99 Skybox Thunder Super Rave /25
03, 04, 10 Topps Black
08 Heritage Chrome Black Ref
07 & 08 Topps M&M

(03-02-2012, 01:23 AM)tdog4468 Wrote: I propose you start a Ripken/? ??? collection. Work on combo autos of the HOF or superstars Where Ripken has also signed. Very hard to find cards I know, but then you would have a very cool collection touching on both of these areas. Could you imagine haveing a collection of 100 Ripken multi autos with all HOF or superstars? Good luck in whatever way you choose.
I actually just kinda started doing this with my longo pc. picked up a few triple threads triple autos , one with him and arod and schmidt. This way i pick up autos of stars and hofers and its still a longoria or braun.

(03-02-2012, 06:14 PM)matsuicollector Wrote: This is 100% true, lol. I've tried to start collecting HOFers seriously a few times before and each time ended up trading them away for Posada's/Other yankee stuff I needed. I have however managed to build quite a nice start to an HOF auto PC this time, but recently traded away a Mays auto as part of a trade that included a Posada auto /5 I needed...just couldn't help myself
lol.. gotta do what you gotta do. wish posada had a sweet spot or even a sweet sigs auto... he doesnt does he?
no org, please do not send trade requests

Whatever you can honestly pursue without harming yourself is always a good bet for anyone currently in a serious relationship.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-02-2012, 06:54 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: lol.. gotta do what you gotta do. wish posada had a sweet spot or even a sweet sigs auto... he doesnt does he?

Unfortunately no sweet spots for Posada. This is the closest "pack-pulled sweet spot" auto he has, which was a box topper in 2001 Fleer Legacy, lol

[Image: posadalegacyautobaseball.jpg]
Collecting everything of Jorge Posada, especially these:

97 Flair Row 0 Legacy /100
97 Pinnacle Totally Certified Gold /30
97 Score Reserve (etched foil)
99 Bowman Chrome International Ref /100
99 Skybox Thunder Super Rave /25
03, 04, 10 Topps Black
08 Heritage Chrome Black Ref
07 & 08 Topps M&M