Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - Trade Deadline!!

RE: OT - Trade Deadline!!
it was interesting seeing all the trades today
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(02-27-2012, 07:35 PM)wickabee Wrote: I do agree we probably could have got more in return, but the deal wasn't Hodgson for Kassian. It was Hodgson+Sulzer for Kassian+Gragnani. If you're looking at it as Hodgson for Kassian plus Sulzer for Gragnani then we may have lost a little on one hand, but we gained a ton on the other. Put Kassian/Hodgson aside for a second and look at Sulzer/Gragnani. In Sulzer we lose an 8th or 9th defenseman. In Gragnani we gain a 4th or 5th. HUGE win there. I do think both of these guys are expected to step right into the line-up. I've heard rumblings from Buffalo fans that Kassian was pretty much expect to step into the 2nd or 3rd line for Buffalo next season. I think he'll step onto the 4th line with Lappy and Manny to begin with, but could switch up to the third line as well. The great thing about the Canucks line-up is that it's such a collection of interchangeable parts. Hodgson was one too many of the same part and Kassian gives them some elements they're lacking. Don't look at the scoring, look at the overall play. Hodgson is a little slow, Kassian has good speed. Hodgson is a sniper, which Vancouver has a few of, Kassian is a power forward, which the Canucks really only have Booth. They weren't going to get something for nothing. I think it does balance the line-up and round out the team for the better.

It is sad to see such a great player go in Hodgson, but we're still going into the playoffs with:
A solid D-core
2 legitimate #1 goalies
5 natural centers
more toughness than last year

It was really funny watching some of the analysis. It was said best on Sportsnet.
"One minute they've got too much scoring and not enough toughness, now suddenly they're too tough with not enough scoring. I think that's a sign your team is way too good."
Yeah I get all that but my real problem is does Kassian come in and give us what we need for the playoffs? He's young hasn't played a lot sure hes tough and has some speed and offense but will we get this out of him now? I think for me Hodgson has proven himself all year and stepped it up in the big games when we needed someone other than the twins or Kesler. We have this thing where we all say we needed to get bigger and stronger for the playoffs because of what happened against Boston, Sure I get that. But if we give up Hodgson I would have expected a proven player with some experience. Its a definite gamble here on Gillis's part I think hes great I believe in him.. we will just have to see how it goes. I think our D is already solid when we have guys like Tanev, Rome, Alberts and even Sulzer before the trade could step in and be solid.

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

Sulzer is no loss and Gragnani is a definite upgrade there, no question.
It's definitely a gamble but one thing Gillis has proven he can do very well is identify what is needed and what is expendable. It was said by Don Taylor on Sportsnet and I agree: "This deal wouldn't have been made if the Canucks' scouting staff didn't know something we don't."
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Flyers should have got Nash...
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

I think Vancouver made out like a bandit on this deal. I know Hodgson is supposed to be a big thing, but Kassian and M.A.G. have the very real potential to be guys you build a quality team with and maybe around. I'm sad Marc Andre is gone, I'm downright that Kassian is gone.

I'm worried this is going the way of the Leino bust... Last year = 53 points, this year he'll be lucky to pull out 20...

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Hodgson will be a star no matter where he is. Don't worry about that.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com