`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going pack for pack with some guys at lcs.( contenders letdown)

Going pack for pack with some guys at lcs.( contenders letdown)
So I wanted to check contenders out today but didn't have enough for a box. There was two other guys thinking the same thing. We went pack for pack for a little while until we ended up finishing one box and getting half way through another. After all said and done I had four autos, all on card which is cool. Mikel leshoure, Roy helu, Vincent brown, and jerrel Jernigan, the other guys pulled another 3 of no namers and a redemption. What's with this product? That's a big chunk of both boxes with very little to show?

RE: Going pack for pack with some guys at lcs.( contenders letdown)
(02-26-2012, 08:14 PM)cody_allen Wrote: So I wanted to check contenders out today but didn't have enough for a box. There was two other guys thinking the same thing. We went pack for pack for a little while until we ended up finishing one box and getting half way through another. After all said and done I had four autos, all on card which is cool. Mikel leshoure, Roy helu, Vincent brown, and jerrel Jernigan, the other guys pulled another 3 of no namers and a redemption. What's with this product? That's a big chunk of both boxes with very little to show?
I had a lot of luck with them at the beginning but after my last 4 i'll never buy them again this year .....you seemed to hit a few nice ones though....good pick ups imo

i also seem to think the same thing i like the card layout but whats with all these no name players... i guess i cant complain i pulled gabbert and dalton same box... but that was it out of 3 boxes

That's what Contenders has been for the last several year. We all get caught up in the hype, then are in for a let down because of the large rookie checklist. The good thing about Contenders is if you do get one of the auto of a better player or a future breakout player, the values hold strong. You pulled a couple potential breakout players that are worth holding onto IMO.

Right on u guys made me feel a little better about it. Just thought if I had bought those two full boxes I would have been real upset. I like the leshoure and helu.

Ya man, those could be some solid cards, especially if Manningham leaves NYG - Jernigan could step up as a solid. Helu looks like he could emerge the main back in WAS (depending on Shanny of course), and Mikel will come back this upcoming year with a bang (and help push DET through the playoffs)
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

I hate the thought of leshoure beating out best or best having to retire blah

Yea, I wouldn't touch best's cards with a 10ft pole, concussions keep repeating for him, hard to avoid them once you get one or two like that. Ask Sydney Crosby, if he can remember...
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/dayton310/

DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2 DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2
R.O.A. (DO NOT TRADE) THE GREAT 48

(02-26-2012, 08:14 PM)cody_allen Wrote: So I wanted to check contenders out today but didn't have enough for a box. There was two other guys thinking the same thing. We went pack for pack for a little while until we ended up finishing one box and getting half way through another. After all said and done I had four autos, all on card which is cool. Mikel leshoure, Roy helu, Vincent brown, and jerrel Jernigan, the other guys pulled another 3 of no namers and a redemption. What's with this product? That's a big chunk of both boxes with very little to show?
the good news is that other than Leshoure, all of those guys at least played in the NFL last year - and Leshoure is sure to be back.

maybe you got one of the SP variations as well.

Watch the highlights from last year Chargers-RAiders games and you should feel a lot better about Vincent Brown - especially if Vincent Jackson leaves, he's going to be starting for the Chargers and he looks like he could be very good once he gets a chance to start

Ya I think they all have upside to work with, especially helu