`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thanks jdetter23!! Looks amazing...

Thanks jdetter23!! Looks amazing...
This member took the time to make a cool banner for me and I just wanted everyone to know.

I think I inquired about it about 2 weeks ago or so and sure enough, he came through. To tell you the truth, I actually forgot about it..lol

For someone to take their personal time and effort to do something for someone without asking for anything in return is pretty rare these days let me tell ya. We need more people like this in the real worldSmile

I did offer some cards to him in return though, it's the least I can doSmile

Thanks again bro, pretty damn cool looking imo...

RE: Thanks jdetter23!! Looks amazing...
If I was him, I'd require the Dan Dee Mantle in return. Smile

You still have that right?

Glad you like it! Smile lol whats a Dan Dee Mantle

(02-21-2012, 10:34 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Glad you like it! Smile lol whats a Dan Dee Mantle
A rather hard to come by 1950's food issue Mickey Mantle. Dan Dee potato chips.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

got mine from jdetter23 too(thanks)! awesome banner mickey7!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

lol well I figured it must be hard to find,showing my youth haha that cards like 30 something years older than me.

(02-22-2012, 12:09 AM)cptnemo66 Wrote: A rather hard to come by 1950's food issue Mickey Mantle. Dan Dee potato chips.

(02-21-2012, 09:02 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: If I was him, I'd require the Dan Dee Mantle in return. Smile

You still have that right?
Nope...;(

Basically when we left Alaska, My interest kinda strayed away from cards and pretty much sold everything man. Income wasn't the same (still isn't). lol So yea, i had to sell all my stuff. Whole organize; depleted. Sad

When that happens its really hard to muster up the drive and motivation to start back up especially when so much $$ and time were invested in everything.

My drive is back. It might not be at 100% full speed ahead, but I have since been picking things back up as of late.

My biggest and most recent purchase was my 8.5 Jordan Fleer rookie. As far as Mantle stuff, yea, still collect him. I have just been going in a different direction with him particularly. Mainly doing refractors, xfractors, inserts, base and completing some of his sub sets like 96 and 97 Topps Finest refractors.

The Jordan rookie in high grade was always a dream of mine to own and I finally had the opportunity to snatch one up a couple weeks ago for 880 smackeroos (thanks to the wifey allowing me to spend some income tax $$ on it because if it wasn't for the taxes, prolly wouldn't have one still). lol

I don't know man, ever since we left Alaska, the $ isn't like it was and other priorities have since taken place. Although my main vintage Mantle objective will be to acquire the older Bazooka cards from the 60's in mid to high grade in PSA, or BVG slabs; now that is a pricey goal my friend..lol
(02-22-2012, 12:37 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: lol well I figured it must be hard to find,showing my youth haha that cards like 30 something years older than me.
Yes sir, pretty tuff to to get especially in mid to high grades. The bags of chips the cards came in had a tendacy to display chip oil stains or what not on the cards. Other than the centering issues and the abuse the cards went through in a bag of chips, they still command high dollar for even lower grade pieces. Actually, there is a more difficult Mantle than the Dan Dee, it's the Stahl Myers card. Basically the cards were inside hot dog packages..lol Then you have the Red Heart Dog Food cards. You had to special order the cards through the dog food company. One of my personal favs by the way. Used to have a PSA 6 Red Heart Mantle. Paid like 460 for it a few yars ago...yep, it's gone too. Ha Sad

Wow ha Thanks for the history lesson.Its pretty crazy how far cards have come in the past 100 years.I mean with all those ways you had to get a Mantle or somebody else and then the T206 cards.Then my dad always talked about buying packs not for the players but for the gum lol and because of gum my dad ended up with some very nice cards.Those old school vintage beat new school stuff any day.