`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do? UPDATED!

What would you do? UPDATED!
I just got the mail after being gone this weekend and got a couple cards in. From one seller I got 3 Jordan cards. Each card cost me $1 and a combined shipping of $3. When I got the cards they came fine, but were in a PWE and on the envelope the postage says .65 cents. Do you automatically leave neuatral feedback? Although the cards did arrive as described, I feel that the 2.35 difference in shipping costs is a bit much. Typically if the card comes in a bubble mailer I am happy even if there is a substantial difference in what I paid and what the seller paid. Do I leave feedback simply stating that I paid $3 and it cost the seller .65 cents in a PWE? Let me know what you think.

The big deal here is principle. The seller was probably upset that the auctions ended so low and was looking to make a couple extra bucks. This seems wrong to me regardless of the difference only being a couple bucks. I could care less about the money but I think it is wrong when this happens. What do you think?

UPDATED:

Well, I got a response. The seller got upset with me because they are disabled adn pay someone to send their cards out for them....thus the reasoning for charging more. Once again going back to principle. My brother is disabled and so was my mom. If I understand where my money is being spent I am understanding. No where was this explained in the description. If I knew this prior to the auction, I would be fine. Money is tough, life is tough and I am for helping others. But not to let me know how I am helping makes it tough.....I then at the end of the day feel like I am in the wrong and shouldnt have sent the message in the first place.....He did refund me a $1 which isnt even worth it.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: What would you do?
Ya that same thing angers me to no end...Did the auctions state how they would be shipped??? Id at least rate the shipping low.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

yes PWE with shipping cards is not acceptable I learned this valuable lesson a long time ago and I hope you make a statement so no other buyers have to take that risk With me it is not the Money it is the condition of the card A true collector Collects MINT
[Image: KevinGarnett.jpg]

Contact him first see if he will give you a partial refund..neutral feedback for a 6 dollar purchase is a lil harsh, it deff is a principle thing but at the same time the cards were as described.
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

I too get angry at this. If he stated how he ships and didn't follow through then negative is warranted, otherwise it should be neutral if he gives you a partial refund.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

(02-19-2012, 10:14 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Contact him first see if he will give you a partial refund..neutral feedback for a 6 dollar purchase is a lil harsh, it deff is a principle thing but at the same time the cards were as described.
Yes, this is a good call. The cards did arrive fine. There was no mention of shipping in a PWE either in the description. I think I will contact them and see what they say.....

I agree the PWE you def. want to avoid but that is also the sellers risk. If you received the cards in the way they were described I suggest positive feedback with a lower rating on the shipping portion. If the cards showed up in bad condition then I would expect a full refund or I would leave negative feedback.
Photobucket

Here is the email I just sent:

I recieved my cards this weekend and was a little frustrated with the cost of shipping. Although the cards arrived safely, the cards were sent in a PWE and only cost you .65 cents to ship (as listed on the envelope). You charged $3. Although the money is not a huge concern, it is the principle behind this. Because of this, I feel that a partial refund of the shipping would be nice. Thank you.
(02-19-2012, 10:36 PM)edye1286 Wrote: I agree the PWE you def. want to avoid but that is also the sellers risk. If you received the cards in the way they were described I suggest positive feedback with a lower rating on the shipping portion. If the cards showed up in bad condition then I would expect a full refund or I would leave negative feedback.
Yeah, this is what I have done in the past. I guess I just get frustrated because if you sell anything on Ebay you run the risk of the cards selling for under a buck. But gaining money on shipping just seems wrong to me. When I ship, I ship for the exact cost of shipping...the exact amount of shipping. A lot of people say that gas should be included in this and that will be there excuse for charging more in shipping. Still seems wrong. If you sell we are all in the same boat in terms of taking our packages to the post.

I would contact the seller first before leaving neutral or negative feedback, if he refunds the difference I would either give him neutral if you feel that strongly about it or just not leave any. If he stated he would send it in a padded envelope and didn't follow through, negative is warranted even if he refunds the difference. That's just plain lying. I agree it is pretty ridiculous to charge that amount and then ship in a manner that may damage your purchase just to save a few cents. (I think some of you were privy to my earlier thread this month where I had a similar issue).

(02-19-2012, 11:01 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: I would contact the seller first before leaving neutral or negative feedback, if he refunds the difference I would either give him neutral if you feel that strongly about it or just not leave any. If he stated he would send it in a padded envelope and didn't follow through, negative is warranted even if he refunds the difference. That's just plain lying. I agree it is pretty ridiculous to charge that amount and then ship in a manner that may damage your purchase just to save a few cents. (I think some of you were privy to my earlier thread this month where I had a similar issue).
Yeah, I was. I sent him an email (See above) and hopefully he is reasonable. He did not mention in the description how he would send the cards. I guess that situations like this make me not want to buy cards. No, not every sale will be like this but there seem to be more and more sellers who do whatever it takes to make a couple extra bucks...even if it is dishonest. I know this seems like a petty situation (And for the most part it is), but I have a hard time dealing with dishonest people.