`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this looks fishy???

RE: this looks fishy???
(01-29-2012, 06:28 PM)mju58 Wrote: I see the first one has been removed but Ebay's showing the second one as sold. I may be dense, but what's wrong with that card?
The 1st one (which is now removed) was for an active auction for the exact same card that sold in the 2nd link (same serial number) except the card had been modified to have a really nice looking piece of patch on it instead of the plain white jersey. There are some sellers that will take a card and modify it by changing the jersey to a nice multi-color patch in order to make more money by deceiving collectors.
Personally I tend to stay away from too good to be true patches unless there is something on the card that states it to be a unique patch and has a very low print run.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

for the fake patrolling police. why not take it a step further and make a secondary ebay account. then you could troll the auctions, make snipe/last minute bids that win. never pay and leave a horrible negative feedback 2-3 weeks later saying the patch you received is fake.
http://i.imgur.com/txv1n.png - I have earned over $700 Amazon.com Gift Certificates, used towards buying boxes, PM me if you want to learn how!

(01-30-2012, 01:16 PM)djohn Wrote: The 1st one (which is now removed) was for an active auction for the exact same card that sold in the 2nd link (same serial number) except the card had been modified to have a really nice looking piece of patch on it instead of the plain white jersey. There are some sellers that will take a card and modify it by changing the jersey to a nice multi-color patch in order to make more money by deceiving collectors.
Personally I tend to stay away from too good to be true patches unless there is something on the card that states it to be a unique patch and has a very low print run.
Thanks for filling in the story. With the info/pic from the first one removed, I just couldn't put one and one together. I'd like to think I'd have figured it out with all the puzzle pieces in place. Thanks again!

I know this is resurrecting an old thread but this guy needs to be exposed so everyone on the planet knows he sells fake crap. DO NOT BUY FROM PURETHAITANIUM or 928_AGUAYO. The patches are FAKE.

Here is just the latest example. Serial #204/250.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brett-Favre-02-S...500wt_1378

Here is what it looked like when he bought it Jan. 9. Serial #204/250.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc

I reported it to ebay as a counterfeit item, so we'll see what happens. This guy needs to be banned.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

What a DB... and I don't mean database
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

And if you look at his other auction, another Brett Favre with a laundry tag patch from a 2002 product...lmfao!

And not to mention the past auctions are just horrible. Some patches are clearly faked and horrible.
Eddie George Super Collector

you know if these fakers were smart theyd buy the ones where the seller does not put the exact numbering in the listing. i have seen many jersey cards that the seller just puts /250 or whatever the print run is. not 150/250 or whatever the actual card numbering is. or when they relist it dont put the numbering on it theselves. just stupid to do it the way they do. but thats why they get caught. because they dont think it through like they should if theyre gonna scam correctly. man rereading this i kinda feel shady myself just thinking like them....
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

he just made $40+ on it!
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(02-19-2012, 03:50 PM)uwash97 Wrote: I know this is resurrecting an old thread but this guy needs to be exposed so everyone on the planet knows he sells fake crap. DO NOT BUY FROM PURETHAITANIUM or 928_AGUAYO. The patches are FAKE.

Here is just the latest example. Serial #204/250.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brett-Favre-02-S...500wt_1378

Here is what it looked like when he bought it Jan. 9. Serial #204/250.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc

I reported it to ebay as a counterfeit item, so we'll see what happens. This guy needs to be banned.
looks like he just tripled his "investment" Sad

(02-19-2012, 04:17 PM)rgf17 Wrote: you know if these fakers were smart theyd buy the ones where the seller does not put the exact numbering in the listing. i have seen many jersey cards that the seller just puts /250 or whatever the print run is. not 150/250 or whatever the actual card numbering is. or when they relist it dont put the numbering on it theselves. just stupid to do it the way they do. but thats why they get caught. because they dont think it through like they should if theyre gonna scam correctly. man rereading this i kinda feel shady myself just thinking like them....
You would think, but apparently he doesn't have to. Brazen, for sure, but he's been doing it for years with apparently no repercussions. Only thing we can do is stay on top of it as a collecting community, keep reporting it to ebay, and let everyone know what's going on.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)