`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps golden giveaway is open

RE: Topps golden giveaway is open
(02-15-2012, 05:49 PM)dlcarst Wrote: Anyone else unlock a Mantle coin? I know he was the hard to get player last year but I don't know about this year.
I got the Mantle coin as well.

hello all, i am new to the card collecting world. I have put all of my codes into the "golden giveaway" competition but i am a little confused (if someone could please set me strait on how it work) as in do the coins only unlock the prizes that it says i.e. ($10 off, 3 coins...) or do the coins at some point become traded for other cards? i put a code in this morning and it said you have recieved a "rare team coin" and didnt understand because it was just another coin that didnt get me anywhere?

(08-20-2012, 07:11 AM)Bmw1789 Wrote: hello all, i am new to the card collecting world. I have put all of my codes into the "golden giveaway" competition but i am a little confused (if someone could please set me strait on how it work) as in do the coins only unlock the prizes that it says i.e. ($10 off, 3 coins...) or do the coins at some point become traded for other cards? i put a code in this morning and it said you have recieved a "rare team coin" and didnt understand because it was just another coin that didnt get me anywhere?
Coins unlock prizes. 3 gets you another free code for a shot at yet another coin or possibly a card. 6 = $10 off shoptopps.com which I have been waiting months to receive. 10 enters you in a drawing for the signed Ken Griffey Jr. card. 30 instantly gets you the signed Willie Mays card, no drawing.

Team coins can only be trade for teams coins. Player for players. HOF for HOF. No cross trades. You have to have 3,6,10,30 unique coins to unlock the prizes above. Having 3 coins of the Pittsburgh Pirates will not get you anything. You have to offer or accept trades for another team to eliminate your doubles. Coins never get you cards except for the Ken Griffey drawing chance and the Willie Mays (which requires all 30 unique coins available in either team, player, or HOF). When you enter the code you either get a coin or a card. The cards are listed as 2012 Topps Golden Moments Die Cuts #GMDC(1-100).
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2012/top...-die-cuts/
Some other sites like ebay list them as golden giveaway. These cards have a gold background parallel that are numbered to /99. There is another gold background parallel with a gold Topps logo in the corner that are 1/1. The entire series 1 base cards are also available as actual cards with the gold Topps logo and are 1/1. You can offer or accept trade cards for any cards. You do not have to offer gold for gold or any matching restriction. Coins can only trade 1 for 1. Cards you can offer or accept as many as you want. 2 to 1. 10 to 3. etc. You can choose to have physical cards shipped to you or leave them in your online account for trading. "The Golden Giveaway will continue to accept codes until January 31, 2013. You must take delivery of all cards within your portfolio before the end of the promotion, March 1st, 2013. Any item remaining in your digital portfolio after that date will be donated to charity." Coins remain virtual the entire time and are never shipped in a physical form.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

I've done about 10 got two cards Robinson cano and Matt kemp
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

(08-20-2012, 11:57 AM)Blury1 Wrote: I've done about 10 got two cards Robinson cano and Matt kemp
J
I'm puhing 45 and nadda, zip, zilch....Really liked last years better....

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Topps recently said on twitter they wanted to do something special for 60 and barely came out even or just a little on top with the deal because of the vintage cards. They couldn't financially do it the same way this year and upcoming '13 might not have anything. I liked last years too, until the cards came and all had fuzzy corners. I thought they were kept new in good condition. I have entered about 30 codes now. I traded 3 cards for a Nolan Ryan die cut and 4th for Hosmer that went to dbroockerd's daughter. I would like to know how the codes work. Will you always get the same result for the code no matter when you enter it, or is there a chance that I get a coin now, but if I did it exactly an hour later I would have gotten a card. Are retail, hobby, and jumbo pack codes different. I got all of my cards from a jumbo HTA box. All of my retail codes have been coins.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

this reminds me, I need to finally put my codes on ebay tonight.
Is this thing on?

(08-20-2012, 07:11 AM)Bmw1789 Wrote: hello all, i am new to the card collecting world. I have put all of my codes into the "golden giveaway" competition but i am a little confused (if someone could please set me strait on how it work) as in do the coins only unlock the prizes that it says i.e. ($10 off, 3 coins...) or do the coins at some point become traded for other cards? i put a code in this morning and it said you have recieved a "rare team coin" and didnt understand because it was just another coin that didnt get me anywhere?
If it said "Rare" team coin - and that is different than what it said before, it may be Topps way of letting you know that is the one you need to get all of them (30 I think). I believe the SP coin is St. Louis for the team ones. Once you get 30 unique coins from either of the 3 categories (30 teams, or 30 players, or 30 legends) - then you automatically have won the Griffey or Aaron AU card.

If you have the St. Louis coin, but not all of the others yet it will not show a prize. If you do have the St. Louis coin, you will probably have about 9,999 trade offers for it.

If this is the case, then you need to get codes until you have 30 team coins, then trade until all are unique - not hard to trade for any except the SP one

Hope this made sense - let us know if you got the St. Louis one.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]