Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 topps Jeter Pin Error

RE: 2012 topps Jeter Pin Error
Saw a pin like yours on ebay.....
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(02-14-2012, 04:17 AM)giants1957 Wrote: was that card froma pack you open ?
I had bought a jumbo case and it came from one of the boxes.
(02-14-2012, 12:44 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Saw a pin like yours on ebay.....
It may have been mine. I put it up to gauge the interest and then decided to remove it to get more info on it.

I haven't had one of the pin cards in my hand, but wouldn't it be really easy to just swap pins?

Can you PM me about he card? I did the set and if there is an error I'd like to try to add it to the set. This card will raise eyebrows cause its easily forged. Anyone could change the pins with minimal effort. I know you likely didn't but just saying it will raise question.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Gauging Interest with a 500 starting bid, LOLOL.

i see you found reasoning after no bids in 5 days and moved it to 99, assuming no bids since then, so you removed it.

Sorry, got a good laugh.

These could be easily tampered with, anyone with a pair of tweezers, and some super glue could do it.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

+1 with expertise
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

(02-15-2012, 11:33 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: Can you PM me about he card? I did the set and if there is an error I'd like to try to add it to the set. This card will raise eyebrows cause its easily forged. Anyone could change the pins with minimal effort. I know you likely didn't but just saying it will raise question.
I actually thought some people would think that. However, I am not into altering cards in any way. For one thing I would not know how and I would be too afraid to ruin it.
(02-15-2012, 11:38 AM)Krangry Wrote: Gauging Interest with a 500 starting bid, LOLOL.

i see you found reasoning after no bids in 5 days and moved it to 99, assuming no bids since then, so you removed it.

Sorry, got a good laugh.

These could be easily tampered with, anyone with a pair of tweezers, and some super glue could do it.
Ya, $500 was just a gauge. I did not think it would go but what the heck. I removed it after I got a message from someone to contact Topps for info. I thought it would be worth if for me to get any info I could before selling it.
(02-15-2012, 07:27 PM)smlabean Wrote: I actually thought some people would think that. However, I am not into altering cards in any way. For one thing I would not know how and I would be too afraid to ruin it.

Ya, $500 was just a gauge. I did not think it would go but what the heck. I removed it after I got a message from someone to contact Topps for info. I thought it would be worth if for me to get any info I could before selling it.
Sounds like you've tried already to alter one. :0 Just kidding.
Just to let you know what I pulled from the case:
1977 pin card Reggie Jackson (& the Jeter of course)
Retired rings of Ripken, Bench, Ryan, Seaver. These were the 6 manufactured relic cards I got along with 6 golden moments relic cards and 6 autos.
A picture of the card.
Maybe the picture is here this time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)