`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice on these Babe Ruth GU cards

RE: Need some advice on these Babe Ruth GU cards
What other company are you gonna get one from right now. Topps makes baseball. Its as real as they come I'd bet. You know that they will sell if you ever feel you wanna move it. You can easily recoup your money.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

True story Derek
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

Id ask for scans of the backs of cards and watch for surreptitious wording.

If youre worried about Fake Mem or the old Topps bait and switch then Id say avoid the bat stuff. I understand that youre concerned about Ruth used benches and towels. Theyve done it before. There have also been issues with suppliers and fake game used stuff going into products without companies knowing it. Then finding out later and not really doing anything.

Your concerns are valid. With Abso Mem, the wording is quite clear: "The enclosed piece of jersey was cut from an Authentic Jersey personally worn by Babe Ruth in an official MLB game. The Authentic Game-Worn Jersey was obtained and is guaranteed by the Playoff Corporation"

Not really any ambiguity there.

Personally I hate the way the Sterling cards look anyway. Not a big fan of the goofy stencil cut outs.

It sounds like this is a big "investment" for you and you dont have $300 to pi$$ away on a card youre not sure about.

Id go with Abso Mem, youll probably be happier about it in the long run.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

That's a good explanation there man. I like that
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

(02-11-2012, 05:31 PM)Merovius Wrote: Id ask for scans of the backs of cards and watch for surreptitious wording.

If youre worried about Fake Mem or the old Topps bait and switch then Id say avoid the bat stuff. I understand that youre concerned about Ruth used benches and towels. Theyve done it before. There have also been issues with suppliers and fake game used stuff going into products without companies knowing it. Then finding out later and not really doing anything.

Your concerns are valid. With Abso Mem, the wording is quite clear: "The enclosed piece of jersey was cut from an Authentic Jersey personally worn by Babe Ruth in an official MLB game. The Authentic Game-Worn Jersey was obtained and is guaranteed by the Playoff Corporation"

Not really any ambiguity there.

Personally I hate the way the Sterling cards look anyway. Not a big fan of the goofy stencil cut outs.

It sounds like this is a big "investment" for you and you dont have $300 to pi$$ away on a card youre not sure about.

Id go with Abso Mem, youll probably be happier about it in the long run.
+1 on the going with the Absolute if you are unsure. I'd pay the extra money for the piece of mind...IMHO
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____